Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise John Hammond was meant to be Scottish until a few years ago on probably my 20th watch of JP.

Does JPRA have flat screens or are they still using the old CRTs in the queue?

Alright. Gyrosphere concept.

It relies on a narrative device used in Dinosaur: remote controled vehicles. The RV is controlled when it goes through “dense environments” (jungles/caves) for the riders safety, but “released’ in open areas.

There’s a lot going on with this. Imagine a Doombuggy with a full “glass” front that lowers to form your sphere. That sphere is on a gimbal on a track, and then ramps down onto the ground (a grass-covered conveyer that gives a practical rolling effect) while a dull flickering light effect makes mimics the rolling on the grass. The track pushes you through some brush and into the first projection sphere.

Yep... this is basically a variation on Forbidden Journey.

The projection spheres are interactive. The sphere and video rocks back and forth while the video (a VR environment) swoops with you. At the end of sphere, the rider releases control to go back through a practical jungle with progressively bigger dinos.

Attachments

• AD9E8977-0CB9-4B57-9EA5-D4847F974445.png
    AD9E8977-0CB9-4B57-9EA5-D4847F974445.png
    583.9 KB · Views: 46
I was able to ask about the Jurassic expansion and what I heard, goes along the lines of what some others have said here. I got word of a next level coaster as a new Jurassic Park ride. He said this thing is supposed to be insane. Remember, I’m just spreading along what I hear and he tells me not to post anything he tells me. But since the coaster thing is already flying around in here, just thought I would add to it.

I was able to ask about the Jurassic expansion and what I heard, goes along the lines of what some others have said here. I got word of a next level coaster as a new Jurassic Park ride. He said this thing is supposed to be insane. Remember, I’m just spreading along what I hear and he tells me not to post anything he tells me. But since the coaster thing is already flying around in here, just thought I would add to it.
woahh, I would dig a next level coaster. While this new HP coaster seems great, the ride system doesn't seem to be anything new. I would really love a coaster that fills the two dragon-shaped holes in my heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Cheezbat
Thanks.....:thumbsup: You have a good history of accurate info postings.

Flying around in here?? /s

Launched flying coaster confirmed? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.