Jurassic Park Refurbishment | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park Refurbishment

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here are my photos from today

IMG_20120122_143822.jpg

IMG_20120122_143833.jpg

IMG_20120122_143606.jpg

IMG_20120122_143430.jpg

IMG_20120122_143559.jpg

I hope that I was not misunderstood. I love to have the new rehab schedule thread as it serves a very specific overview across parks. But when it comes to details and pictures of individual ride rehabs, I like to have threads like this this.

Oh yeah, the plan was never to change that, but instead add an extra "Quick Glance" for people to reference.

Yeah I never had the intention of changing the way we talk about refurbs. I just wanted to create a thread we can update that gives our readers a basic overview of current ride refurbs. If you look I have been active in all the refurb threads and have actually started some of them myself. Its great that we are so active in all discussions regarding in each individual refurb and I do not want to change that. It again was merely created as a quick glance for those who are going to be visiting parks and just want to know whats closed. Whats easier scrolling through ten threads of clicking on one?

It seems like there is some confusion between both the staff and the members. There will still be individual refurb threads such as this one. The point of the other thread is to have one compiled area where everyone can view which attractions will be closed at certain times.

I believe all hatetofly was saying is that he could've checked the thread before his trip to find out that it was going to be closed on that day.

Again this. I mean come on guys don't get your panties in a bunch. If we have it listed and your visiting the parks help us out. Take some pictures and send them in or post them. I was merely bringing up the thread and giving it some recognition.

I really wish Universal would give this ride a major overhaul like Uni Singapore just did with their JP Rapids ride. Even with all the effects working, this ride is far from how great it's Hollywood counterpart is.

I agree that the ride does need an extensive refurb...most of the AAs (Except for Tiff.....THANK GOD) are much MUCH slower than they used to be. The only reason I continue to go on this is because Tiff is still pretty damn impressive.

Um, explain plz? Re-staged how???? Like, re-do the entire ride???

Just the staging of the show scenes. New dinos.. maybe have Triceratops springs instead. Put the elements of surprise somewhere else, use better hydraulics for the Raptors and the Dilophasaurouses (sp?)

Just something fresh. Mind you I realize that for over 80% of people going to IOA right now it is their first visit... but a fan can dream right?

ParkRumors posted this great aerial glimpse of the JPRA track drained of all water:

JPRA2012.jpg

Venturing over to Islands of Adventure now, we’ll start back in Jurassic Park, where we get to see something quite interesting. Since these aerial photos were taken during Jurassic Park River Adventure’s annual refurbishment period, we get a rare look at the attraction without any water

Reactions: Cwoolboy