Jurassic World: Dominion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: Dominion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: HalfGlass
Some are saying this is the worst film in the entire franchise. Apparently there are more insects than dinos in the movie? Something they’ve totally hidden from the marketing (I can’t imagine why…)

Critics brand Jurassic World Dominion ‘terrible’ and ‘convoluted’ in first reactions

This is exactly I heard from some friends that saw it last week. They couldn't believe that it was so bad. Seeing it tonight and my expectations are incredibly low, so maybe I'll enjoy it?

How can they F up these films so bad

Its Jurassic and F&F thats all you have and you dont make them classics? I dont...i don't get it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is very concerning. No joke, I detest paying money to watch beloved franchises jump the shark. After deep consideration, I have decided that I will still see this in theaters.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is very concerning. No joke, I detest paying money to watch beloved franchises jump the shark. After deep consideration, I have decided that I will still see this in theaters.
Like I get the MCU has issues but I don't understand how they can bang out at least one great film a year...but Universal could only give us one solid Jurassic film from this new series and that film was basically the same film as the first JP movie....like I don't get why they cant get better writers

TRoS was at least in the 50's and that movie was just an absolute dumpster fire. I can't imagine how Universal has managed to screw up one of their only big franchises (F&F, Jurassic, and Minions are their main franchises). Other than the first Jurassic World, this trilogy has been a complete bust, much like the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

The difference is that The Last Jedi was much more well received (by critics at least) than Fallen Kingdom.
I'm among the segment of fans that firmly believes TLJ is one of the best Star Wars films made. I cannot say the same for Fallen Kingdom about the Jurassic franchise as I thought that film was pretty mediocre/bad. the first Jurassic World is clearly the best of the trilogy imo.

JURASSIC WORLD is, overall, the better of the two films... but the last third of FALLEN KINGDOM is better than anything in JW.

I'm still excited for DOMINION, primarily because my expectations are set at "dino schlock," and not anything remotely close to the level of magic and craftsmanship of JURASSIC PARK.

Jurassic Park was great & still is. Lost World has its moments (still hate the gymnastics raptor scene). I appreciate JP3 for what it was.

Jurassic World was great when it came out, but has kinda become "meh" (also the Gyrospheres are dumb & impractical... even for a franchise about Dinos).

Fallen Kingdom doesn't get the credit it deserves, it knew what it was & it embraced it for the most part (sorry not sorry, I love the IndoRaptor), but I do feel the movie could've been better.

As for Dominion... we'll find out soon. My fanboy expectations are 50/50. I'm excited but also dreading a disaster.

Let's be honest, Owen is an overrated character. Claire at least has some character arc. I'd rather have had Tim & Lex carry this trilogy with the rest of the original trilogy characters scattered throughout ("scattered" is probably not the best term to use for a carnivorous dino franchise)

I liked it. It’s definitely flawed but my expectations were for a dumb fun film and that’s what I got.

I think a lot of the pushback could stem from the first film being held in such high regard that they’re holding the same standards to this.
When you say first film, do you mean first Jurassic movie, or first JW movie?

Wow…I can say I’ve at least had something to defend about each Jurassic movie until now. Dominion is like 5 different movies all intersecting into a 2 hour+ film, all of which are not the film anyone would have expected to see after the end of Fallen Kingdom. A colossal misfire in my opinion.

So I actually did the Double-Feature tonight which was the original Jurassic Park followed by JW: Dominion. The last time I saw the original on the big screen was for the 25th anniversary event at USH. So obviously enjoyable.

As for Dominion.... it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't omg amazing. Which is the problem with the JW films. This trilogy is rough when it comes to rewatch ability, unlike the original trilogy.

I didn't hate the locusts plot device to bring in the legacy characters. The Owen on a horse with dinos had the same vibe as "Rise of Skywalker" space horse scene. Felt dumb. The Raptor chase through Italy was way better than it had any right to be. Overall it had good Dino action, legacy characters carried the movie, Claire was once again better than Owen. The new pilot character had mentioned there will be an extended cut & I can definitely see that. It felt like stuff was missing here/there.

The lack of Tim, Lex, Kelly, Sarah, Kirby family, Etc was missed. Sorry, but this trilogy needed to use them. The fact that Claire's nephews (or sister) weren't back again also felt odd with this being the end.

On a completely different note, there were so many scenes that straight up gave me HHN vibes & it's been 20 years since Orlando had their "Project Evilution" house in 2002.