Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this is a good sign for soft openings. Hopefully we get a behind the scenes video soon, just to help build hype!

Does anyone know if those final few "major elements" in the ride that were missing a few weeks back have been installed yet?

This is an image from behind the scenes of Jurassic World Live's T-rex, its on model from Stan Winston Studios. I believe this is the same company who is creating the animatronics for the new ride! As we all know theme parks love to create double of things. So if a T-rex is being made for the live tour, why not make two?
View attachment 9734
This issue is, that early WIP look at the accurate Rex you pictured is all the further it is currently - so it wasn't ready in time for the ride.

However, another studio may have been able to assist. I just hope they got it right.

Reactions: Pilot792
I have confidence in Universal Creative that they will get this ride correct. There is a great tradition of innovation with Jurassic Park. The movie changed film effects forever, and the original ride was extremely innovative for its time. I hope Jurassic World carries this tradition of raising the.

I feel like this thing will be 100% done in the next two-and-a-half, three weeks, and then really rolling as July arrives, which is actually sort of perfect timing when you think about it. June weather in LA is actually pretty gray and on the (relatively) chillier side. Not great for a water ride. July will be nice and warm and most families will be in full vacation mode.

Reactions: alias8703
At Universal again today. TMs once again are saying they’re hoping to roll out things “before the 4th of July”, so hopefully that means mid to late June. Also took some pics of a newly placed Raptor encounter sign.
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Will the final drop animatronics be airlifted by a helicopter into the show building like they were back in '96? Maybe we'll get a glimpse of them in the coming weeks...

Reactions: Adam RG and Clive
Well they were testing again today.
Rock work looks fine at the bar.
We're in the Endgame now, folks.

Attachments

• 20190604_161644.jpg
    20190604_161644.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
Reactions: RFRees
Lets talk about the actual ride itself. I wonder if it will now be narrated by Claire? It would make since for her to narrate the attraction. I'm really excited to hear the new soundtrack to the ride. It should combine the old with the new!

Reactions: Adam RG
Will the final drop animatronics be airlifted by a helicopter into the show building like they were back in '96? Maybe we'll get a glimpse of them in the coming weeks...
I have a feeling they have already been installed when they had a huge hole in the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.