Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen blueprints on this site before. We had scans of blueprints from Diagon posted. Has something changed?

Reactions: ush.hacker
I think, it was somewhat inevitable that something may of come out in blueprints from that angle; as you can't exactly block off that viewing point of the Starway with construction walls, just to avoid people from seeing things.

Should it be accepted? Of-course not. But this is more..of a grey area, especially when it doesn't seem to show much.

Completely agree, however I don't think a company is going to anticipate someone having a focus lens that can zoom in that close to ink on paper from 100+ ft into the construction site is all I'm saying. And this is coming from someone who has a day job in construction management. ;)

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Wait, does this mean someone taller than the construction walls at SLoP can film what's going on behind it?

Yes, it would technically be discrimination if they told someone who was 9 feet tall not to take pictures towards SLOP but continue to allow average height people the ability to take pics of the structure. Now, if they were holding their camera over the wall, that's a different thing all together.

I feel like my previous posts have been misconstrued. To @k_peek_2000 and @AlexanderMBush, I have tremendous respect for both of you as veteran members of this site and was not trying to rile things up. I was just trying to get an understanding of what is allowed to be post here.

A few months ago, I stumbled upon a YouTube video showing ground level views of construction behind the walls of SLoP, but I chose not to post it here because I thought it was a violation of what can be posted here. I was merely trying to get clarification if someone tall enough to see with their own eyes without having to hold their camera over the walls (which is not that tall) would qualify as something that could be posted.

At some point, would you really want to go through that effort? If that was the case, then you would see them block off any form of viewing of projects like SNW and the Transformers Extended Queue overhaul from Studio Deli (which they haven't).

I was agreeing with you that perhaps Universal didn't think it was actually that big of a deal to have to go through the efforts to conceal the blue prints because the effort would have been minimal if they were really all that concerned with it being leaked.

So again, are postings of behind-the-wall ground level views of SLoP's construction off limits? I recall in the "Leaks" thread that the mods said this is on a case-by-case basis. If it is, and the mods are reading this, please clarify.

You can take pictures of anything if it's within view from a guest path and your feet are firmly planted on the ground. It's not like it's a crystal clear photo, anyway. We have no clue what it is.

This is true, for the most part - however, taking pictures of blueprints is a big no-no. Regardless if the workers slipped up,

We've seen blueprints on this site before. We had scans of blueprints from Diagon posted. Has something changed?

We did not. Anything that was posted was pulled. Water permits have been posted, which are completely different because they are made public and do not show any details other than the general size of a building and whatnot.

So again, are postings of behind-the-wall ground level views of SLoP's construction off limits? I recall in the "Leaks" thread that the mods said this is on a case-by-case basis. If it is, and the mods are reading this, please clarify.

As K-peek said, as long you are taking photos from the guest path, you're OK. If you're going out of your way to try to get another angle, that's when lines are starting to get blurred.

We did not. Anything that was posted was pulled. Water permits have been posted, which are completely different because they are made public and do not show any details other than the general size of a building and whatnot.

After going back, what I was thinking of was that @AmusementLeaks posted them on Twitter and they were linked and analyzed on the here. There were foundation and other plans that were posted which were complete scans of the page including title block. We learned quite about about place from details in there.
The Twitter and the resulting imgur for reference are here: Amusement Leaks (@AmusementLeaks) | Twitter
The earliest reference on the site I could find was here: Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Those essentially are blueprints, but I see the distinction between posted on the site and linked to posts elsewhere, even if the source material ends up posted directly on the site.

After going back, what I was thinking of was that @AmusementLeaks posted them on Twitter and they were linked and analyzed on the here. There were foundation and other plans that were posted which were complete scans of the page including title block. We learned quite about about place from details in there.
The Twitter and the resulting imgur for reference are here: Amusement Leaks (@AmusementLeaks) | Twitter
The earliest reference on the site I could find was here: Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Those essentially are blueprints, but I see the distinction between posted on the site and linked to posts elsewhere, even if the source material ends up posted directly on the site.

After this we should probably take this discussion to this thread.

Leaks? | Inside Universal Forums

Basically the goal is to keep IU and it’s posters away from legal trouble. Fighting Universal lawyers over pics or having people banned from parks is what we want to avoid. It’s a case by case basis that mods discuss with each other and things that were once ok can turn not acceptable and vice versa. Sometimes leaked info or images become so ubiquitous that controlling the info here is meaningless (OI leaking Potter holiday survey for example).

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 9254

This is..a big takeaway.

Wonder what's going to be inside that.

well if the donkey kong attraction is to be near JW, i have a feeling that this might be a planter and they are going to place huge trees to block the land from JW , this is, of course, a theory, only because it reminds of what Disney was building in the early stages SWGE when they were adding trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.