Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always a tube station next to or at least very close to the train stations. That's how public transportation works.

Yeah, the tube station of that train station. As in, King's Cross tube is part of King's Cross station. Look at my location. :wave:

Building an entirely different station next door is what I'm taking issue with. One would hope for authenticity's sake there will be signage on Leicester Square, but if there is it will look incongruous.

Yeah, the tube station of that train station. As in, King's Cross tube is part of King's Cross station. Look at my location. :wave:

Building an entirely different station next door is what I'm taking issue with. One would hope for authenticity's sake there will be signage on Leicester Square, but if there is it will look incongruous.

We have known about the logical inconsistency for quite some time, why is it coming up now? Maybe pretend it is a backlot, and they used different techniques to make it feel like they actually filmed in 4 different locations. It is a facade to hide the true attractions inside. I am not a Potter fan, so I don't know what would be better there. But I have yet to see a suggestion that would actually work for what they need.

I have a similar problem with Moe's and Fast Food Boulevard, the layout of the facade just does not fit. But I am not making a big deal, I would rather have those iconic locations than it to be logical.

Because I brought it up now that I can see it coming together. Yes, we all knew of it some time back, but I was willing to give them the benefit of putting it together. They have, I've ragged. :wave:

Well if your going to wait this long anyways, why not wait till the scaffolding is down? :p

With the scaffold down on the side of Grimmauld, this is the first time I've noticed that single tiny window. What's the deal with that? :lol:

[video=youtube;Z8lmmkqbC88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8lmmkqbC88[/video]

Revisiting this. What are the two very tall green splotches in the concept art? (see below) Assuming they are trees, they are in an area consistent with ReelJ's waterfront plans that he passed along over a year ago. Continuing the idea, there is another planting area to the right of the fountain and one would assume they would balance it out.

trees_zpsc3951732.jpg

Oh I looked at the concept art several times but from what I "see" there are no planters, trees, or shrubs. And its pretty extensive down to bench placement… But then again after seeing another attractions feathers which is under construction at this very moment it has numerous pages of tree, shrub, and flower stuff…

My question is what are they going to do with the back of Grimmauld? It's just a half finished building with no framing for a wall there.

Does anyone know if the express line for Gringotts (obviously it won't be open for years) will have the same queue as the regular line? Hopefully it isn't shortened like it is at FJ.

Also, with two new HP rides opening without express, will they add express to FJ before June? I can't imagine them selling express passes that don't work for the 3 rides people came for.

Oh I looked at the concept art several times but from what I "see" there are no planters, trees, or shrubs. And its pretty extensive down to bench placement… But then again after seeing another attractions feathers which is under construction at this very moment it has numerous pages of tree, shrub, and flower stuff…

Kong/JP or Hogsmeade station?

I created this about 18 months ago. Is this where the benches are going?

potterfront.png

Too, I am more referring to "planting areas" rather than "planters" as in giant tubs.

A new twitter account, @AmusementLeaks, showed up on Twitter and posted these two gems:

You may want to right click and save these.

Look closely at the overall land plan. Something we (well most of us) haven't seen before, Knockturn Alley:

Very cool, thanks for posting.

A new twitter account, @AmusementLeaks, showed up on Twitter and posted these two gems:

http://i.imgur.com/dGfwxML.png

http://i.imgur.com/CLT4hjy.png

You may want to right click and save these.

Look closely at the overall land plan. Something we (well most of us) haven't seen before, Knockturn Alley:

BdPUTr5IEAAFtNf.jpg

Yeah, that was a serious ermahgerd moment haha! Though I'm having a lot of trouble with the full DA one. I don't know if it's the file size or type or what, but the only programs I was able to use to even just see it were Internet Explorer (Chrome wouldn't load it) and Adobe illustrator, which my brother had installed from one of his classes and I have no idea how to use... Even on your post I don't see the DA pic (it goes Gringotts, blank space, KA) :shrug:

Last edited:
@ Felipe

It is a .PNG so paint, photoshop or lightroom should open it. :cheers:

Try right clicking the blank space, you may still be able to save it.

@ Felipe

It is a .PNG so paint, photoshop or lightroom should open it. :cheers:

Try right clicking the blank space, you may still be able to save it.

I did, though :shrug: I not only saved it as a png, but also as a .bmp and a .jpg and neither MS Paint nor Windows picture Viewer would open any of them. I mean, I have been able to see it on Internet Explorer and Adobe Illustrator, but it's just a hassle and I can't zoom into specific areas as I would like. i have to keep scrolling and stuff. It's just more annoying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.