Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe these got out, earlier on Twitter I was on phone in the park and didn't really think too much about it. But after really looking again these are some serious images I assure you I will be hearing about for the next few days…

Anyways I will have an update later tonight sometime after the Packers and Niners game!

On the overall land plan (where it looks like Lee got that waterfront snippet he sent me last year) it looks like the berms behind Grimmauld are there.

Also, I drew this up and HTF says I'm close (except the entrances/exits need editing)
BdPgjfpIQAAVea0.jpg

I've been wondering for a long time, especially if Borgin and Burkes becomes a dark horse hit like a certain wand shop in Phase 1, whether most or all of Knockturn Alley will amount to a themed queue for B&B. But the area looks pretty big for that, so hopefully we will be able to explore freely.

PS:
Diagon Alley Photo Update: 1/4/2014

I know your pictures kind of had their thunder stolen by the plans, lol, but they're great. Thanks.

Last edited:
I tried to make it a little easier to see the ride path.

Thanks for this!

Does anyone else think that this seems like sort of a short layout? I'm not an expert in blueprints or anything so I could be totally off but it seems to me like it may be a quick ride. :shrug:

I'm so incredibly excited for Knockturn Alley, but my gosh can you imagine how rammed that is going to be. It's like the alleyway to the magic window behind Three Broomsticks, except with an attraction at the end of it :lol:

How much for a park buyout? :blank:

Those are some really awesome shots Felipe! :thumbs:

You're welcome! I'm looking forward to HTF's pics from today which should have a lot more rich detail :cheers:

Thanks for this!

Does anyone else think that this seems like sort of a short layout? I'm not an expert in blueprints or anything so I could be totally off but it seems to me like it may be a quick ride. :shrug:

Since it's more of a dark ride than a roller coaster, and since that shows path and not elevation, I think it can be deceiving. There may be parts where the vehicle goes up and down in one same area, and also parts where it's moving slowly or be completely still, and yet feel like it's moving fast with the rumored simulator cars and projections, so it could be a lot longer than the pictures suggests :thumbs:

And thanks for that, s8film40!

Last edited:
I'm going to apologize in advance because I forgot my 250MM lens today so I couldn't get any rich in detail photos. I will try to get a video up tomorrow since Youtube wants to be the piece of monkey **** it is these days and tell me the format isn't acceptable. Earth to GOOGLE .MOV is compatible… Anyways here you go!

Reactions: Jenstar and Felipe
Looking at the pics it seems that Leaky doesn't have an actual facade on the London Waterfront. Sorry if this has been discussed before but isn't that huge red chunk where the entrance for Diagon is going to be for the Leicester Station? I don't see how they could fit Leaky there without breaking the theme....

On the overall land plan (where it looks like Lee got that waterfront snippet he sent me last year)...
Yep, that is where I got that waterfront drawing.
I've had these, and quite a few more, for months. Ahead of the curve, it seems....;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.