Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Ummmm what lol? I know it was planned for Moscow and now I think its been pushed elsewhere but I can't imagine it coming to Orlando. When IOA was built it was either the Jeep Tour or the River Adventure since they have the same story line of the dinosaurs getting loose. I think it would be VERY ignorant to have both story lines exist within the same park in the same land using the same characters.

^ Ummmm what lol? I know it was planned for Moscow and now I think its been pushed elsewhere but I can't imagine it coming to Orlando. When IOA was built it was either the Jeep Tour or the River Adventure since they have the same story line of the dinosaurs getting loose. I think it would be VERY ignorant to have both story lines exist within the same park in the same land using the same characters.

You'd be surprised. A concept it just a concept, it doesn't mean it'll stick to the exact same story...AFAIK the space has been made.

Hahaha ... I know, first you get on a boat ride and dinosaurs get loose, then you go on a jeep ride and guess what ... dinos get loose!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey if its an awesome ride I personally don't care about the story lol

Agreed, I feel the same way, I go on rides because I love rides, I mean face it, it is not like you go on the JP river adventure and really think about the story ...

You might want to start looking at that old concept art for the Jeep Adventure.

I sincerely doubt the Jeep Adventure is coming. Unless you mean they will revisit some theme from that with the wooden coaster?

It would be cool to have a coaster go underneath the legs/body of a large Sauropod.

To be fair, they've made three Jurassic park movies about dinos getting loose, so why not two rides? lol

I feel like Jurassic Park would lend itself best to some form of dark ride, but that seems like it is off the table. A wooden coaster with Dark Ride elements would still be pretty cool, and I do agree that there is nothing wrong with multiple rides sharing the park gone wrong concept. Within that there are multiple different ride types, encounters, gags and stories to visit that could easily set itself apart from the river adventure.

I feel like Jurassic Park would lend itself best to some form of dark ride, but that seems like it is off the table. A wooden coaster with Dark Ride elements would still be pretty cool, and I do agree that there is nothing wrong with multiple rides sharing the park gone wrong concept. Within that there are multiple different ride types, encounters, gags and stories to visit that could easily set itself apart from the river adventure.

Granted, the Discovery Center would work so much better if a short dark ride like the one in the film was included inside.

The TE plot is where the jr. wooden coaster and Dino carousel are supposed to go

You guys underestimate Universal's ability to make space. Who would've thought Transformers would've fit in that Herc and Xena plot?

So this would be a multi level jeep ride, at the TE plot, and this would all come by 2015? And it would be a Highly immersive D ticket borderline E?
Can you elaborate more because right now you are losing us... lol

You guys underestimate Universal's ability to make space. Who would've thought Transformers would've fit in that Herc and Xena plot?

Who are you referring to? With FJ, Kong, and the coaster there will be no more space aside from reworking what's existing.

I believe he's insinuating there will be no coaster.

Okay, but a real Jeep ride would take up about as much space as JPRA (which is nearly half of that 'islands' total land). Something the size of Transformers would fit on the old Trike plot. But IDK about a show building there in the middle of the island. :shrug:

Okay, but a real Jeep ride would take up about as much space as JPRA (which is nearly half of that 'islands' total land). Something the size of Transformers would fit on the old Trike plot. But IDK about a show building there in the middle of the island. :shrug:

There's a pretty impressive underground floor under the Transformers building.

I'd say to expect the Jeep Ride with the technology of 2014...

I know Universal in Dubailand is getting a King Kong dueling coaster, which will probably be like Battlestar Galactica in Singapore. I'd like to see something else besides a simulator.

1) Universal Dubai isn't going to happen.

2) Kong IOA isn't going to be a simulator.

There's a pretty impressive underground floor under the Transformers building.

I'd say to expect the Jeep Ride with the technology of 2014...

JP is "built up" as is. I could see it working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.