Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we'll see the arch return. There was talk on here about simply pushing it further into JP past where Kong will be going. It wouldn't be JP without the arch! Interesting that they're taking it down so quickly though. I figured it would go down next year as they get into the later stretch of Kongstruction.

I was thinking they would build the new arch before removing the old.

I rather fear that the only realistic place they can move it to is next to Thunder Falls, where the Fliers track moves away from the path. This would be mighty unfortunate because it will mean a building being right next to the arch and the JPRA splashdown likely being visible through it, thus losing the secluded jungle feel it has at the moment. The current position is really rather clever in sight line terms if you look at it from above.

Does anyone know if the eventual Kong entrance will be near the service road or further towards Thunder Falls? The logical thing for me would have been to make the entrance where the service road currently is, and simply shorten the service road as it will now be intruding into the park rather than following the perimeter of attraction areas. That would have no impact on access when needed.

You can see Pteranadon Flyers from the current archway...it getting moved back isnt that big a deal. As of now, that area (between Thunder Falls and the current arch) is the weakest in the park (IMO), seeing as its nothing but a narrow path, trees, and a churro cart. Making the true entrance to JP in synch with where all the action starts will make the park tighter and feel less like wasted space.

You can see Pteranadon Flyers from the current archway...it getting moved back isnt that big a deal. As of now, that area (between Thunder Falls and the current arch) is the weakest in the park (IMO), seeing as its nothing but a narrow path, trees, and a churro cart. Making the true entrance to JP in synch with where all the action starts will make the park tighter and feel less like wasted space.

Agreed. While I like the concept of the arches leading to a secluded jungle, that simply wasn't the reality of the space where the original arches stand - the food cart and proximity of Pteranadon Flyers (not to mention the bright, loud Toon Lagoon immediately behind you) eliminated any real sense of seclusion from the rest of the park. I think Camp Jurassic accomplishes that task far better.

I hope the new arches are placed thoughtfully and well-integrated, since this has the potential to make the area actually feel more vitalized than it currently does. I'm also very curious to see how Kong is integrated into the park as a whole - will it stand on its own as "Skull Island" with a brief jungle transition to JP, or will "JP" morph into "The Lost World" and include both JP attractions as well as the big ape?

Time will tell. Very curious.

JPs success was evident when it was re-released in 3-D a decade later and made a ton of money...Jurassic World has to do a lot to top JP which is a classic...Universal needs to keep the iconic classic and perhaps add slight references to the new one...I think Jurassic World will be similar to JP3..not terrible, but forgettable...It will spark interest in the original though, which is always a good thing.

I was an extra in jurassic world, and I promise you, its nothing like jp3. Its going to be a bigggg summer blockbuster. It will not only spark interest in the original, it will introduce a whole new generation to movie dinosaurs and the franchise.

Reactions: Jenstar
I was an extra in jurassic world, and I promise you, its nothing like jp3. Its going to be a bigggg summer blockbuster. It will not only spark interest in the original, it will introduce a whole new generation to movie dinosaurs and the franchise.

That's amazing man!!! Can you say if the rides in the movie have park potential and could possibly make for a better island then JP?

Status
Not open for further replies.