Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 228 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's funny, my cousin who knows nothing of the industry other than she enjoys it and all it has to offer, said something along the lines of what violarium posted, that this could be the next Potter the way things are stacking up.

Let's be realistic here, and moderate our expectations a little bit. As a world to enter, Jurassic Park does not have the same drawing power as something like Harry Potter. It never will, and I'm saying that as a JP fan. Successful film =/= film world people are dying to enter.

I think Universal are playing it right with what they're doing. A low-risk, instant gratification new small attraction, whilst advertising what they already have. Sure, they might decide at length to add a larger attraction, but it won't be an absolute headliner which defines the Resort in the way that something like Kong or VB does. I know synergy is great and all, but I think the parks need to retain a degree of autonomy and play to their own tune as well; constantly playing catch-up with every swell in public opinion isn't the best way to grow a unique, innovative Resort which has its own goals and objectives.

Will execs be kicking themselves that they've built a huge unique new ride when they could have gone the quick and easy route of copying something directly from the big screen? I don't think so.

I'm very much realistic, which is why I see the potential in this to be so great. I'm not one to get excited over things this easily, especially given how much of a JP fan I'm not, lol (I'm more of a casual fan). But the numbers are adding up, and every time I hear kids getting as excited about Jurassic World as the now-adults who were in love with the original, I see the potential even more. It lends perfectly into a theme park experience, as we have all seen.

The true pull comes from imagining experiences that don't even have to be rides. As everyone has opined, the gyrosphere and JPRA remodel are the most common things we should expect to see. But upgrading the amber mines, adding interactions with the dinosaurs (both exciting like the Raptor Encounter and friendly like the petting zoo), and creating a dining experience on-par with Potter's can reveal a huge profit build-up from guests.

Reactions: Frogki

Here's the new trailer.

We're cutting it cheap if we keep saying "at least I want this". No. We are DEMANDING new rides and experiences. This franchise has the potential to break WWoHP's record numbers, especially if it opens the expansion in sync with the next film's release. Everyone, post your concept art, show Universal what can really be done. Don't just tell them, show them.

Universal, get on it. We implore you to aim for greenlit projects and announcements before the end of the year while this is still popping.

Video was removed by the user apparently, oops.

A little misleading in my opinion. Its not like they have done much to it recently right? If they were introducing a new ride, sure, but I dont know.

Let's be realistic here, and moderate our expectations a little bit. As a world to enter, Jurassic Park does not have the same drawing power as something like Harry Potter. It never will, and I'm saying that as a JP fan. Successful film =/= film world people are dying to enter.

I think Universal are playing it right with what they're doing. A low-risk, instant gratification new small attraction, whilst advertising what they already have. Sure, they might decide at length to add a larger attraction, but it won't be an absolute headliner which defines the Resort in the way that something like Kong or VB does. I know synergy is great and all, but I think the parks need to retain a degree of autonomy and play to their own tune as well; constantly playing catch-up with every swell in public opinion isn't the best way to grow a unique, innovative Resort which has its own goals and objectives.

Will execs be kicking themselves that they've built a huge unique new ride when they could have gone the quick and easy route of copying something directly from the big screen? I don't think so.

Good point....I think UC is very interested in the gyrosphere concept though

I would imagine most people in the U.S., that haven't been to Universal, have no idea there is a JP land. This is good marketing since it educates the market, provides excitement, & by calling it JP the Ride, they simplify it to a concept that should catch people's attention. It's well done, and packs a wallop for a short commercial spot. And, of course, it takes advantage of the JP World success. Since it's aim is to inform people that this exists, I don't think it's misleading.
A little misleading in my opinion. Its not like they have done much to it recently right? If they were introducing a new ride, sure, but I dont know.

Last edited:
Reactions: youhow2
Wasn't sure where to post this, but after listening to the latest podcast I was brainstorming on how to utilize the space if they decided to replace JPRA. I also thought about adapting previous concepts and attractions to quicken the timeline.

My idea includes 2 attractions and retail/dining.

The first attraction is a Gyrosphere utilizing the transformers track layout.
9Aux0.jpg
The scoop RV can be rethemed to a gyrosphere. The attraction features physical sets and screens.

The second attraction is the old Helicoptours concept. Similar to soarin', riders will enjoy scenic views mixed in with dinosaurs sprinkled throughout the landscape.
JW HELI 4.jpg JW HELI 3.jpg jw heli 2.jpg jw heli 1.jpg

The restaurant will be a full service sit down. The design feature will be similar to Be Our Guest, but rather than a static backdrop behind the large windows, screens will display a panoramic view of the valley with dinosaur herds roaming in the distance. Then every evening the view will display a beautiful sunset over the valley.
JW BOG.jpg JW SUNSET 2.jpg JW SUNSET 1.jpg

After enjoying the movie it was fun to brainstorm ideas to update the land.

Wow. And right before I read your post I was admiring the fact JPRA uses all animatronics and zero screens. Cool concept though.
Wasn't sure where to post this, but after listening to the latest podcast I was brainstorming on how to utilize the space if they decided to replace JPRA. I also thought about adapting previous concepts and attractions to quicken the timeline.

View attachment 970
The scoop RV can be rethemed to a gyrosphere. The attraction features physical sets and screens.

The second attraction is the old Helicoptours concept. Similar to soarin', riders will enjoy scenic views mixed in with dinosaurs sprinkled throughout the landscape.
View attachment 962 View attachment 963 View attachment 964 View attachment 965

The restaurant will be a full service sit down. The design feature will be similar to Be Our Guest, but rather than a static backdrop behind the large windows, screens will display a panoramic view of the valley with dinosaur herds roaming in the distance. Then every evening the view will display a beautiful sunset over the valley.
View attachment 967 View attachment 968 View attachment 969

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm a big fan of JPRA, I'm sure if they want to keep it there are plenty of upgrades they could do. The recent tie-in commercials for 'Jurassic Park: The Ride' are pretty funny though

I see the Gyrosphere as a bit of a stretch, but anything is possible with Universal. When I was there about a month ago, there was a guest that asked an employee what was down the pathway that leads to the lagoon entrance of the Discovery center and he replied by saying it was a dead end. While partly true, it can be fixed by adding something there. B&M Flyer!???

I see the Gyrosphere as a bit of a stretch, but anything is possible with Universal. When I was there about a month ago, there was a guest that asked an employee what was down the pathway that leads to the lagoon entrance of the Discovery center and he replied by saying it was a dead end. While partly true, it can be fixed by adding something there. B&M Flyer!???

They really do need to add something down that way. They still have the old boat dock down there...

I feel like the current Jurassic Park is more just a jungle walkthrough instead of evoking guests to feel as if they are walking through the Jurassic Park theme park. Assuming that it was created as if the "park" reopened to visitors, than it doesn't really achieve that in my opinion. It's not really a question of expansion, but more of refurbishment. Utilize the Triceratops Encounter space and upgrade the Discovery Center and throw in more Dinosaurs!

I feel like the current Jurassic Park is more just a jungle walkthrough instead of evoking guests to feel as if they are walking through the Jurassic Park theme park. Assuming that it was created as if the "park" reopened to visitors, than it doesn't really achieve that in my opinion. It's not really a question of expansion, but more of refurbishment. Utilize the Triceratops Encounter space and upgrade the Discovery Center and throw in more Dinosaurs!

Well, pre-Potter it did feel like you were in JP with all of the electric fences and such..

Now with Kong, much of the original JP feel is gone minus Camp Jurrassic, Discovery Center, Raptor Encounter and River Adventure

Well, pre-Potter it did feel like you were in JP with all of the electric fences and such..

Now with Kong, much of the original JP feel is gone minus Camp Jurrassic, Discovery Center, Raptor Encounter and River Adventure
This.^ This is exactly how I feel. I love Universal but I hate them for what they did to JP. They destroyed the feeling and atmosphere. It's nothing like it use to be. The point was to feel secluded like on an island. That's why there was so much space with trees, bushes, ect. Now they're just cramming everything in those areas.

What does the logo say in this concept? It looks like GAOGE to me.

11108521_907964132580725_3884614485220353472_n.jpg

http://www.gadget-bot.com/news-1/jurassicworld4dx

Could something like this work, not necessarily just using the existing movie clips but having a new sequence......maybe on how you escape the park?

I would have thought it would fit into quite a small space.

View attachment 970

View attachment 962 View attachment 963 View attachment 964 View attachment 965

View attachment 967 View attachment 968 View attachment 969

This is all wonderful. Question: what is the "hospital" in the gyrosphere ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.