Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very much realistic, which is why I see the potential in this to be so great. I'm not one to get excited over things this easily, especially given how much of a JP fan I'm not, lol (I'm more of a casual fan). But the numbers are adding up, and every time I hear kids getting as excited about Jurassic World as the now-adults who were in love with the original, I see the potential even more. It lends perfectly into a theme park experience, as we have all seen.

The true pull comes from imagining experiences that don't even have to be rides. As everyone has opined, the gyrosphere and JPRA remodel are the most common things we should expect to see. But upgrading the amber mines, adding interactions with the dinosaurs (both exciting like the Raptor Encounter and friendly like the petting zoo), and creating a dining experience on-par with Potter's can reveal a huge profit build-up from guests.

The difference between Potter and JP is that there was no presence of Potter anywhere. Jurassic Park already has a great ride and area to piggyback off the success of JW. With Potter it was like "oh man the first ever Harry Potter attraction I need to check this out!". Another JW ride and it's "ok, IOA's getting another dinosaur ride...neat"

And what good does updating everything to look like JW do for Universal? Are people gonna book tickets for overlaid or updated Jurassic World stuff when they already saw it as JP stuff a year ago? I dont see the draw or ROI. Some updated signage and stuff, sure, but to say Universal is in urgent need of Jurassic World theming as much as they needed Potter is kinda silly IMO

I will give you the point that Potter was much more of a novelty than this is, however I never said they're in urgent need of it as compared to Universal circa 2006. It's not silly to acknowledge a film that is quite literally breaking records. I mean, we're already seeing impressive lines for the new M&G, and guests are loving it. This has the opportunity to have the presence of Frozen without the key demographic being very restricted. Everyone loves dinos, and if Universal can create some more AAs and dino-suits, you'll see guests of all ages enjoying this.

Reactions: Frogki
...a little breeze just blew across my desk, and it sounded like it whispered "as signage continues to be replaced, don't expect a name change for anything but the presence of blue and silver color schemes will continue to expand".

That makes sense. I think the melding of the aesthetics, as well as the addition of things to the island that are inspired by JW, is the best choice moving forward. Allows them to leverage the old and the new

Reactions: Mad Dog
...a little breeze just blew across my desk, and it sounded like it whispered "as signage continues to be replaced, don't expect a name change for anything but the presence of blue and silver color schemes will continue to expand".

That's the ticket!

Now replace the long-neck-o'saurus with a full grown stegosaurus (or two) and put the mutant-o'saurus somewhere else in the ride. Done.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So basically, call it Jurassic Park but have it with blue & silver schemes?

I'm ok with that. At the very least, besides JPRA, they should revamp Visitor's Center completely.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
What are VGA monitors?

:look:

19-tft-dvi-vga-monitor-828-p.jpg

Jump to 6:50 for an unobscured view of the raptor suit. I'm assuming this is the same thing we have. Kinda weird how Singapore would ruin the illusion like that.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but USJ has had dinosaurs walking around Jurassic Park for ages and it's always been a crowd pleaser. If the Raptor Experience is so popular with the general public, I wouldn't be surprised if Orlando could bring something like this as well. Guests there love getting to pet and interact with the friendlier ones like this guy and it would be something a little more interactive and less scary for smaller guests I'd imagine.

8336462547_e6ded08df6_z.jpg

8337550470_fde7ecc68a_z.jpg

8336465687_a15627c7d6_z.jpg

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but USJ has had dinosaurs walking around Jurassic Park for ages and it's always been a crowd pleaser. If the Raptor Experience is so popular with the general public, I wouldn't be surprised if Orlando could bring something like this as well. Guests there love getting to pet and interact with the friendlier ones like this guy and it would be something a little more interactive and less scary for smaller guests I'd imagine.

8336462547_e6ded08df6_z.jpg

8337550470_fde7ecc68a_z.jpg

8336465687_a15627c7d6_z.jpg
Something like this would be great. Though I think a Triceratops would be better.

They have a team member that will sometimes walk around with a baby triceratops puppet for meet and greets and photos. It's pretty cool. I've seen it recently at the discovery center.
Oh I know about the baby Trike, I just think if they could some how come up with a walk around Trike puppet that would be amazing. However, I looked up more photos of that USJ Brachiosaurus puppet and that bottom half of the dino is not as impressive. If Orlando was to try something like this it would have to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.