Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping to get some big upgrades to the Discovery Center at the very least....some better, higher tech interactive exhibits would be nice.

I apologize if it's already been mentioned but I just saw the first advertisement for River Adventure with Jurassic World branding. I was pleasantly surprised at it, it's a great way to capitalize on the movie quickly... They make sure that it's clearly still labeled as Jurassic Park but it's still focused on synergy with Jurassic World.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's great to see they've jumped on the marketing bandwagon that quickly. I'd bet the majority of people that never visited UO have no idea that the JP area at IOA exists.
I apologize if it's already been mentioned but I just saw the first advertisement for River Adventure with Jurassic World branding. I was pleasantly surprised at it, it's a great way to capitalize on the movie quickly... They make sure that it's clearly still labeled as Jurassic Park but it's still focused on synergy with Jurassic World.

Where did you see that at? :eek:

I believe the commercial was on Esquire TV but I honestly don't remember what channel I was watching. But yeah it was cool to see it on tv like that, glad to see them doing something with it!

They have added more of those Jurassic World banners to the restaurant. There's also a bunch in the JPRA shop and Jurassic Pizza.
*Sorry about the picture quality*
20150621_000204262_iOS.jpg

20150621_000146983_iOS.jpg

They have added more of those Jurassic World banners to the restaurant. There's also a bunch in the JPRA shop and Jurassic Pizza.
*Sorry about the picture quality*
20150621_000204262_iOS.jpg

20150621_000146983_iOS.jpg

Don't know about photo quality, but the images themselves aren't loading for me. :look:

This thing is crossing the $1 billion mark in worldwide box office on Monday......I think that we can expect something new over the next few years.

Reactions: RevFreako
What I personally think we will see is the island will remain "Jurassic Park" but Jurassic World influences will be added. The Raptor Encounter is a perfect example of this as it was an element from the current film modified to fit Jurassic Park. Yes in the new movie there is a stigma that it's in poor taist or not good to mention the original Jurassic Park. But the island at universal is not considered Canon and that logic doesn't apply to the theme parks. 99% of those who have seen Jurassic World know that it's a Jurassic Park movie and really won't care about the branding of world or park as to many it will be the same thing.

Now what I personally would like to see is an upgrade across the island. Again I would keep the Island Jurassic Park. I believe the architecture of the Discovery Center (and Visitor Center from the original film) as well as the Jurassic Park Gate are much more Iconic then the gate or Innovation Center design in Jurassic World.

I would remove the watering hole so the patch from the wizarding world can be turned away from Hogwarts instead of turning back towards it. A new bar could be built towards the waterfront area near the front of the Discovery Center.

I think something for sure needs to be done along the water front. The discovery center is beautiful but it is located in suc a dead space of the park. Some new food and beverage options down there, maybe return the skipper tours with a new dock, shot maybe the Gentle Giants petting zoo type experience could help bring some traffic down to this space. I would also expand the path thru part of the old triceratops enounter plot to conect back in to the main pathway to encourage more foot traffic down that way.

The bottom floor of the Discovery Center would receive a major redesign with all new exhibits inspired by the Innovation Center. Shot even put the John Hammond statue down there. The only thing I would like to see stay is the Lab where the hatchings take place. This is one of the best kept secrets already of IOA and kids love seeing those baby raptors be born. I would just expand the hatching options and have more types of dinosaurs being hatched.

The upper level would remain pretty much the same. Just with a "retheme" for burger digs to include more options.

Burger digs would need to be expanded because I would remove pizza preditoria for a small attraction. There's not a ton of room but I could see a highly themed flat ride of some sort being placed in this corner.

More foliage would be added in the area to completely hide the Forbidden Journey que and greenhouse that can be seen thru the trees. Since the Hogwarts show building an still be seen above the trees I would have Jurassic Park logos painted on the building to make it appear as ita suppose to be part of Jurassic Park. A warehouse type building or something. Those markings shouldn't be visible from within the Hogwarts que.

The old trike encounter would be the location of a D Ticket attraction based on the Gyrosheres. It would remain a simple family friendly outdoor dark ride. I invision a plussed version of The Treasure Hunters ride in Singapore. The gyrospears themselves would become 4 passengers instead of 2 as seen in the movie. The trike space is almost double the size of the space used by treasure hunters. And that ride is 3 minutes long so I think a decent length ride could be created for the space. Animatronics would be used to give the impression f going among herds of real dinosaurs. Jimmy Fallon could even narrate the ride. There could even be a show building for parts of needed. The attraction entrance would be off that new path heading towards the water front. The fields and animatronics could also be seen from the main walkway to bring this Dinosaur Park more alive.

The River adventure would remain mostly the same with just some pulsing. A new que video is a must. Clean up and reverb everything and add a few more dinos. Maybe add some elements from Jurassic World or tease the Indominous before the t-rex finally.

Camp Jurassic is incredible and I wouldn't change anything here.

Lastly Thunder Terrace could receive a new menu and possibly a retheme as well.

I think these ideas gives the island a plusing it deserves and also brings in enough Jurassic World elements that would make the general public happy.

After watching the movie, I'm not seeing the hate for all things Jurassic Park that some others are. Sure the girl doesn't want anything to do with it, but she is shown as out of touch with the dinosaurs most of the movie. On the other hand, one of the first things we see is the iconic gate that the monorail driver says was saved from the original Jurassic park. If it was the whole company hating on JP, the driver wouldn't be saying that. So I don't see any continuity problem combining JP and JW.

Here's the new trailer.

We're cutting it cheap if we keep saying "at least I want this". No. We are DEMANDING new rides and experiences. This franchise has the potential to break WWoHP's record numbers, especially if it opens the expansion in sync with the next film's release. Everyone, post your concept art, show Universal what can really be done. Don't just tell them, show them.

Universal, get on it. We implore you to aim for greenlit projects and announcements before the end of the year while this is still popping.

Reactions: Frogki
This franchise has the potential to break WWoHP's record numbers, especially if it opens the expansion in sync with the next film's release. Everyone, post your concept art, show Universal what can really be done.

Let's be realistic here, and moderate our expectations a little bit. As a world to enter, Jurassic Park does not have the same drawing power as something like Harry Potter. It never will, and I'm saying that as a JP fan. Successful film =/= film world people are dying to enter.

I think Universal are playing it right with what they're doing. A low-risk, instant gratification new small attraction, whilst advertising what they already have. Sure, they might decide at length to add a larger attraction, but it won't be an absolute headliner which defines the Resort in the way that something like Kong or VB does. I know synergy is great and all, but I think the parks need to retain a degree of autonomy and play to their own tune as well; constantly playing catch-up with every swell in public opinion isn't the best way to grow a unique, innovative Resort which has its own goals and objectives.

Will execs be kicking themselves that they've built a huge unique new ride when they could have gone the quick and easy route of copying something directly from the big screen? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.