Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2015. It's time to move past the omnimover.

Sorry not sorry.

Slow rides are fine. But it seems like every fan blue sky idea always revolves around an omnimover, which is what? 50 years old?

I'm having trouble understanding this, what does it matter how old the method of conveyance is? If it does the job, who cares? I am personally of the opinion that Universal could use a couple of Pirates/Mansion-style rides.

I believe they used some of this land for the new Gatorspot attraction so I would doubt this is happening anymore.

I don't know, I think alligators and water parks are a great combination.

I'm having trouble understanding this, what does it matter how old the method of conveyance is? If it does the job, who cares? I am personally of the opinion that Universal could use a couple of Pirates/Mansion-style rides.

Sure. But Mystic Manor is a "Mansion Style Ride" that uses technology from this millennia.

No one in the GP is going to jump up and down for an omnimover ride in 2015. There are more creative, inventive, and exciting ways to do these kinds of rides now. Let's push things forward

Reactions: Brian G.
I think Disney's omnimovers are clanky noisy mechanical things... they all make horrid noises. Any system that could be created that was silent would get my vote too. Until then...

Sure. But Mystic Manor is a "Mansion Style Ride" that uses technology from this millennia.

No one in the GP is going to jump up and down for an omnimover ride in 2015. There are more creative, inventive, and exciting ways to do these kinds of rides now. Let's push things forward

Yes, but I don't really think the GP gets excited over the ride system regardless, even if it's trackless. If doing a very basic type of ride system services the attraction's needs, and allows them more budget on bells and whistles as far as ride scenery and such go, then I say go for it. God knows that Antarctica could have benefited from axing the trackless system and going with an Omnimover-style system instead and spending the money on show scenery.

I think you either need an innovative ride system with conventional show elements or a conventional ride system with innovative show elements. A master class ride does both.

I'd like to see another FJ type Kuka ride system. I love that ride. Don't see why they haven't replicated that into another new ride. It's awesome and it has great capacity.

Innovation, not imitation

Universal can design an "all ages" dark ride with new technology..

We must move on

I could retort don't fix what isn't broken. They've yet to design an "all ages" dark ride with new technology.

Why do you just come into every thread and say we must "move on" and table discussions as if you've ended the debates for all time? It's a fair topic that's worth exploring.

I'm not a fan of the Omnimover myself - it peaked with The Haunted Mansion and limits what you can do with show scenes and storytelling. FJ is a bit different because you still have the 7-second show cycle/reset for each sequence or effect (unlike Mermaid or HM, which must be designed to loop continuously). Frankly, I wish they'd use something like ET's ride system more, or Men in Black/Cat.

Reactions: Cole
Here is the rendered model on the modified Gyro-sphere I would use to create a trackless ride for JW (I call it the snow globe lol). I want to add a little more detail to it, but for now I think it gets the idea across. The grey base would be hidden during load and unload and would contain the motion base capable of pan, tilt, and roll. The ride would have continuous loading to try and compensate for the low capacity of the vehicles. To board, the front of the dome would be a hatch that opens allowing guests to load through the front quickly and safely. There are monitors in front of each seat to display supplemental video and information.

I have a lot of ideas for the ride taking you through the DNA lab with a musion type adaptation of Mr. DNA's presentation, the actual lab, embryo storage, going outside on an elevated track, the safari part inside a 360 projection dome that is part of carrousel (IE Forbidden journey). But I don't have time to post it right now.

Hope you guys like it!

Reactions: Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.