Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 355 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be a marketing move. It seems like they’re trying to keep I-Rap a little hidden. The newest trailer removed quite a bit of the suspense behind it though.

One would assume that hybrids would be discussed, especially if people saw JW (Which, there were a LOT).

And that, perhaps it's just me, but I am seeing a lot more marketing for the I-Rap than I did of the I-Rex.

But in any case, I would also assume that if the JW conversion happens for River Adventure, it will not radically change the plot to include the I-Rap instead of the I-Rex.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
One would assume that hybrids would be discussed, especially if people saw JW (Which, there were a LOT).

And that, perhaps it's just me, but I am seeing a lot more marketing for the I-Rap than I did of the I-Rex.

But in any case, I would also assume that if the JW conversion happens for River Adventure, it will not radically change the plot to include the I-Rap instead of the I-Rex.
Absolutely not! A T-Rex to I-Rex switch seems super easy.

Bulldozers and other equipment have arrived nearby for Project 791. The permit starts tomorrow, and I don’t think they’ll be wasting any time after it does.
OYuG.gif

In another year or so Guest Survey scores for IOA will go through the roof with the Potter & Jurassic stuff additions.....UC seems to be in a hurry to erase the sour taste of F&F from everyone's mouth. With all of this rapid fire stuff within a year *Potter coaster, *Blue Raptor coaster?, * Blue Raptor character addition, *Lagoon Show,*Bourne Show... the F&F Disaster will be a distant memory.......Universal is back on track, and wasting no time :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Bulldozers and other equipment have arrived nearby for Project 791. The permit starts tomorrow, and I don’t think they’ll be wasting any time after it does.

Are you thinking it will be a coaster Alicia?

Dang, they're starting already? What in the world are they building? It doesn’t take two years to build a coaster.

Very true- that’s a ton of time for a woody or a steel coaster on the small scale some were tossing around here. So it’s either a bigger scale than anyone originally thought, or theyre starting with infrastructure changes first and then moving onto the coaster.

How badass would it be if they found a way to incorporate a lagoon show here and they’re additionally looking to add seating on the JP side of the lagoon?
2 legitimate night shows would do wonders for UOR.

Are you thinking it will be a coaster Alicia?
Whatever it is, it's coming all the way down to the waterfront. Coaster makes the most sense.

I'd love to see a gyrosphere ride personally, if they're gonna re-do the land as Jurassic World anyway. I'd even take a screen-based ride if it meant more indoor attractions. But hey, I love coasters too, so I'm up for whatever!

It does when you're building it around existing infrastructure.

Unless it’s weaving in and out of the existing JP areas, the construction will be pretty isolated based on its location. They’d essentially put a wall up near the walking path, but everything else would be unaffected.

The only challenge would be limiting machinery to go in and out after park hours. But that’s easily remedied.

I'd even take a screen-based ride if it meant more indoor attractions.

I agree completely.

Perhaps it is scheduled to be completed, and opened, in considerably less time than that. Universal doesn't always open new attractions in the summer.

Would it really make sense to open up two coasters within a few months of each other?

Unless it’s being built to partially counteract SW:GE, which is possible.

EDIT: Didn’t mean to put two. Now fixed.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.