Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagon Alley opened FOUR YEARS AGO. That's like a blink in theme park timelines. Literally the best themed land in the world (IMO) opened less than a 1/2 decade ago in the park. The idea that it's long suffering is ridiculous. Park projects eb and flow. We all know this.

Wow. Diagon Alley feels older to me. Goes to show how much we’ve gotten in Orlando theme parks recently.

But it’s kinda sad how I think that IOA is the better park when I’ve only ridden five rides there (Hulk, Seuss Trolly, Forbidden Journey, Dueling Dragons, Hippogriff). And by the time I go back there will be two new coasters open. Studios has always seemed so.... meh to me. SNW would have given me a reason to go back. Now I have none.

Diagon Alley opened FOUR YEARS AGO. That's like a blink in theme park timelines. Literally the best themed land in the world (IMO) opened less than a 1/2 decade ago in the park. The idea that it's long suffering is ridiculous. Park projects eb and flow. We all know this.
And I thought all the big talk of Universal being amazing and doing everything soooooo right would’ve filled up those 4 years with better offerings ;)
Que?

Over the last five years into 2019.

Studios:
Diagon
Christmas Parade
Fallon
Fast & Furious
Lagoon Show
Incoming T2 replacement

Islands:
Kong
Hogwarts Nighttime Show
Potter Coaster

I'll admit that coolness is subjective, but from someone who DOESN'T frequent the parks anymore, there's a lot more interest for me in Studios than Islands. The volume of new stuff is just as important to driving attendance as the reception of new stuff.
None of that Studio stuff is enough to bring me back, and it hasn’t. My next trip is whenever the Potter coaster opens.
Wow. Diagon Alley feels older to me. Goes to show how much we’ve gotten in Orlando theme parks recently.

But it’s kinda sad how I think that IOA is the better park when I’ve only ridden five rides there (Hulk, Seuss Trolly, Forbidden Journey, Dueling Dragons, Hippogriff). And by the time I go back there will be two new coasters open. Studios has always seemed so.... meh to me. SNW would have given me a reason to go back. Now I have none.
Preach brother. It’s exactly the kind of thing USF needed to combat the recent “meh” to mediocre additions.

Really? The talk around this site sure fooled me. The only exception being F&F being so bad even you guys have to agree.

Dude, why are you even here if all you're looking to do is rag on the site? Basically everyone agrees Fallon isn't very good. Everyone knows Uni hasn't been able to make a full nighttime show worth a damn. There's the screenz thing.

I get you're obnoxiously salty about Nintendo, but if it bothers you that people like Universal on a Universal centered site, maybe it's not the place for you?

Dude, why are you even here if all you're looking to do is rag on the site? Basically everyone agrees Fallon isn't very good. Everyone knows Uni hasn't been able to make a full nighttime show worth a damn. There's the screenz thing.

I get you're obnoxiously salty about Nintendo, but if it bothers you that people like Universal on a Universal centered site, maybe it's not the place for you?
First step to fixing problem is admitting it :)

Now, how do we get better additions for USF? Because IoA is just blasting right by with the better, well, everything (except everything closing in a storm, that is).

Happenings to Jurassic Park and Harry Potter... two of my favorite franchises. I’m happy.

Same for me. I do hope IOA remains Jurassic Park and we get a Jurassic World presence in Park 3. Double your dinos, double your fun!

Reactions: Delta
Crazy how this went from something to nothing to PF refurb to nothing to something! I do love that universal will just pop things out almost passively. Transformers blew my mind in terms of how little hype they had, it just popped up in a couple months! Hopefully they move quick on this.. Since the plans are concrete now any new JP addition is a welcomed one. Tho I still pray for a dark ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.