Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 360 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my map... This was only a guess, but considering where the walls are going up today, I may have been on to something.

View attachment 6796

Surprised that DC and the general area to the east of that isn’t included.

I see the coaster starting out on the Triceratops plot, some twists and turns, then out over the water to the area where the Hogsmeade bypass is, then back into the DC to unload and reload.

I’ll try and make a layout later, but knowing my editing skills...... enough said.

Surprised that DC and the general area to the east of that isn’t included.

I see the coaster starting out on the Triceratops plot, some twists and turns, then out over the water to the area where the Hogsmeade bypass is, then back into the DC to unload and reload.

I’ll try and make a layout later, but knowing my editing skills...... enough said.
That's definitely something some folks have speculated, but from what I have heard, the Discovery Center may see a small makeover downstairs, but not have the ride or queue go through it.

Also, there is not much space inside that building. Behind the hands-on exhibits is less than 2 feet of backstage walkway, so what you see in the rotunda is pretty much it. Not enough for a coaster load/unload and a queue, so not sure how that would work.

Now, raptor encounter... that I could see moving in there. Or other animal exhibits, instead of just dated 1990s era exhibits. We shall see.

I thought that it was rumored to go over paths and current infrastructure?

It was people just riffing and throwing out speculative guesses.
No one has even confirmed it’s a coaster yet- it’s just educated speculation there as well.

That's definitely something some folks have speculated, but from what I have heard, the Discovery Center may see a small makeover downstairs, but not have the ride or queue go through it.

This saddens me :(

Reactions: Magic-Man

Also, there is not much space inside that building. Behind the hands-on exhibits is less than 2 feet of backstage walkway, so what you see in the rotunda is pretty much it. Not enough for a coaster load/unload and a queue, so not sure how that would work.

Now, raptor encounter... that I could see moving in there. Or other animal exhibits, instead of just dated 1990s era exhibits. We shall see.

Is it really possible to fit an entire coaster, boarding station, and queue line into that area? Unless the coaster also goes elsewhere in the land, I don’t see the queue being able to fit in that spot.

Not to mention that, unless it’s themed extremely well, that spot would look... less than stellar with it being that crowded.

Reactions: LJGonz
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just had a quick look around the area. Is this the wall? I don’t recall ever seeing it there before.

Is it really possible to fit an entire coaster, boarding station, and queue line into that area? Unless the coaster also goes elsewhere in the land, I don’t see the queue being able to fit in that spot.

Not to mention that, unless it’s themed extremely well, that spot would look... less than stellar with it being that crowded.
If White Lightning at Fun Spot Orlando and Mine Blower at Fun Spot Kissimmee have taught me anything, it's that good, long, fun wooden coasters can be squeezed into the tiniest of spots, and still work out perfectly fine.

White Lightning is long and skinny to fit along the perimeter and Mine Blower took over a go-kart track. Having ridden Mine Blower, it's incredible how much was crammed into that space!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Just had a quick look around the area. Is this the wall? I don’t recall ever seeing it there before.
Yup! I belive this is the new walls! They're using green to blend in with foliage. Nice.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Man, those look weird. But at least Universal is moving along with their projects now.

EDIT: This is a comment I got on a reddit post where I explained what was going on.

“I don't see any new real roller coasters going into Universal. Why would they build one? They have had huge attendance increases because of non-coasters rides.”

:eek:O:

Last edited:
Man, those look weird. But at least Universal is moving along with their projects now.
These may be more for keeping debris inside the area during demolition, than from blocking out the view like regular work walls.

Similar canvas fencing went up long before Kongstruction started, when they were clearing the land. Then real walls went up along the path as the building started.

These may be more for keeping debris inside the area during demolition, than from blocking out the view like regular work walls.

Similar canvas fencing went up long before Kongstruction started, when they were clearing the land. Then real walls went up along the path as the building started.

I would imagine "real" walls will go up once the demolition is done and they need to start getting rid of some of the plantlife in the area. Still, it's nice to see some movement

What's sad? The makeover? Or not having the coaster track smashed through the walls?

If the area changes to "World," I think a makeover is inevitable.

I’m sad at the complete underuse and/or misuse of the Discovery Center. It sucks so hard and it’s so iconic.
I’d take a “JW” discovery center in shambles if they could use it effectively.
Between having the most generic dinosaur store I’ve ever seen, the worst restaurant in the park, and an exhibit area that any room in a museum built in the last 20 years trumps- I just don’t know why it’s even there.

It’s just sitting there waiting to be used as a queue, or unload area, or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.