Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 465 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds of the queue actually containing some dinosaurs? I'll set the over/under at 50%.

Since Universal - for reasons which defy my comprehension - doesn't want to add dinos anywhere else in the land, if there are some in the queue, I'll take that as a minor victory.
I bet the first scene will have raptors in their stables, and that would be visible from within the queue, and maybe even walking by. That could be a neat way to add energy to the land, while also fleshing out a coaster ride’s theming.

Odds of the queue actually containing some dinosaurs? I'll set the over/under at 50%.

Since Universal - for reasons which defy my comprehension - doesn't want to add dinos anywhere else in the land, if there are some in the queue, I'll take that as a minor victory.

You ever seen that thread: Why we can’t have nice things?

If they put a Dino AA within reach of a guest, you can almost guarantee that some moron will probably break it at some point.

Then they'll have to make sure people can't reach them. I'd think they'd have chain link fences or something around them anyways, so the dinosaurs are "properly contained" or some theming bologna like that.

I'm picturing the ride is about us going to see Jurassic Park's new efforts in training Raptors, so lots of videos about Raptors and the history of the park play overhead throughout the queue, and then as we approach the end of the line we see an actor in front of animatronic raptors in cages (whether in person or on a big TV) about to present the new training techniques when UH-OH! there has been a power outage and the Raptors have escaped!

Turns out they may not have been as well trained as we said, so for your safety quickly make your way to the remote controlled jeeps and we will get you out of harms way until these clever girls can be captured.

The coaster is then us trying to stay one step ahead of the raptors, the sounds of them running, hissing and breathing will be playing on speakers in the headrests. We move quickly through the forests and around buildings, occasionally going through holes in fences that they chewed, "They're gaining on us! Lets go up and over this research station" for hills, and finally we pull into the station to see that the Raptors are back in their cages "You weren't in any real danger (Raptor nips at his finger) Er, probably. Enjoy your time at Jurassic Park!"

While I would prefer more up-close time with animatronic Dinosaurs, I still miss Triceratops Encounter, I think this could work.

I'm picturing the ride is about us going to see Jurassic Park's new efforts in training Raptors, so lots of videos about Raptors and the history of the park play overhead throughout the queue, and then as we approach the end of the line we see an actor in front of animatronic raptors in cages (whether in person or on a big TV) about to present the new training techniques when UH-OH! there has been a power outage and the Raptors have escaped!

Turns out they may not have been as well trained as we said, so for your safety quickly make your way to the remote controlled jeeps and we will get you out of harms way until these clever girls can be captured.

The coaster is then us trying to stay one step ahead of the raptors, the sounds of them running, hissing and breathing will be playing on speakers in the headrests. We move quickly through the forests and around buildings, occasionally going through holes in fences that they chewed, "They're gaining on us! Lets go up and over this research station" for hills, and finally we pull into the station to see that the Raptors are back in their cages "You weren't in any real danger (Raptor nips at his finger) Er, probably. Enjoy your time at Jurassic Park!"

While I would prefer more up-close time with animatronic Dinosaurs, I still miss Triceratops Encounter, I think this could work.
Sounds way more involved than what the ride will actually be.

Reactions: truejonas
I think 2 or 3 raptors in the line like this image would be great. Keep them well away from prying hands, a similar distance to the floating avatar body in the Flight of Passage line.

View attachment 8627

I like it. Simplistic, and just about the only movement that would be necessary to fool the mind would be some moving eyes and occasional rattling of the cage.

Reactions: amityboattours
When IoA first opened the containment areas off to the sides of the main path had occasional noises and movements like something was lurking and it was really effective for creating the whole JP mood as you walked through. Over time the noise of the park and just the increased crowds have diminished the effectiveness of the "dinosaurs of the imagination" all around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.