Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 522 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only a small crowd comes for coasters, why are 5 opening in Orlando (Plus two at BGT) over the next 2 years with Slinky Dog having just opened last year? Orlando is not a market where coaster enthusiasts are likely to travel to. However, Disney and Universal are building a lot of them right now because they are fun. People almost always come off a coaster with a smile on their face.

I think I was the one to start the whole conversation about non-Floridians not traveling for a coaster. Coaster are fun and they do make people smile. I know I love them! I was just saying that I don't know anybody who would travel 1400 miles for a new coaster alone. A new land or themed ride that is interactive is more likely to attract people that live further than 4 hours away. Also, I would think they are cheaper to make? I think Spiderman was way more expensive then The Incredible Hulk. Now I'm sure Everest was as expensive as Spiderman, but it is more than just a coaster.

Thank you! I have no idea where this whole “theme park visitors don’t like coasters” stems from. It’s a personal bias that they are presenting as fact. In general roller coasters are the most popular rides at the park.

I was definitely disappointed that Dragon challenge closed, but with Potter and Jurassic coasters taking their place, I’m very excited at what’s to come for IOA.

You could say its a personal bias. I can't afford to go to Orlando every year for a plain steel coaster, but Im sure as hell going this year for the new Harry Potter themed coaster. Now from what I hear about the animatronics and the rock work, I just may be interested in making a back to back trip. If its not true about the animatronics, then I can wait a few years.

Disney uber fans don't like coasters...Therefore, nobody does

I'm not a uber Disney fan! I'm a die hard Old Universal fan that loves riding the movies way more than riding on steel!!! I don't think its too much to expect some theming from a park that had Kongfrontation, and Jaws at their anchors at one point!!

Do you say “3rd February” or “February 3rd?” Because that’s what it’s based on.
Writing and speaking are different mediums. Most of the time though, I'll say day first because that's what I'm used to for work.

I'm not a uber Disney fan! I'm a die hard Old Universal fan that loves riding the movies way more than riding on steel!!! I don't think its too much to expect some theming from a park that had Kongfrontation, and Jaws at their anchors at one point!!

It's painfully obvious that "Ride the Movies" means entirely something different to Universal now, so it's time to let that go. Not to bring up "screeeeenz!" or anything, but there isn't a single ride that compares to Kongfrontation in terms of detail or scope. That's just one man's opinion though.

That said, IOA was never a "ride the movies" park despite JP being there. Adventure is in the name, so roller coasters or other adventurous rides should be expected. Not sure what changed to make people think otherwise, other than Hogsmeade maybe.

It's painfully obvious that "Ride the Movies" means entirely something different to Universal now, so it's time to let that go. Not to bring up "screeeeenz!" or anything, but there isn't a single ride that compares to Kongfrontation in terms of detail or scope. That's just one man's opinion though.

That said, IOA was never a "ride the movies" park despite JP being there. Adventure is in the name, so roller coasters or other adventurous rides should be expected. Not sure what changed to make people think otherwise, other than Hogsmeade maybe.

Hogsmeade and Forbidden Journey have some pretty good detail and scope. Yea you are definitely right that IOA was not about riding the movies when it first opened, but I'm pretty sure their annual ticket sales improved when they opened that one land that did present a ride that allowed people to ride the movie. I'm not sure about this but I remember on here people saying that IOA had a rough start at the beginning. This could have been the choice of titles of the park, I can't remember? It is not struggling anymore. Plus Jurassic Park or Jurassic World are movies.

Besides my opinion, I'm glad that people in Florida are getting a new coaster, and am still excited to see what Universal has planned for this coaster!

Reactions: therock
Looks like we can no longer be friends guys. Year, month, day (YYYY-MM-DD) is the only variation that makes any sense. Biggest to smallest like how we'd wright out any other number. This is even the recommended format from the International Organization for Standardization.
ISO 8601 Date and time format
ISO 8601 - Wikipedia
That's how I date-stamp file names on my computer...

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! ;)
Looks like we can no longer be friends guys. Year, month, day (YYYY-MM-DD) is the only variation that makes any sense. Biggest to smallest like how we'd wright out any other number. This is even the recommended format from the International Organization for Standardization.
ISO 8601 Date and time format
ISO 8601 - Wikipedia

True but how often is the year required when telling somebody a date?

I do the same thing for photo work, usually with a letter at the end. It makes searching a lot easier.

Me too, and then they are automatically in chronological order. Where as otherwise you would have the January of every year grouped together, next February from every year, and so on... (even worse for day, month, year).

True but how often is the year required when telling somebody a date?

I do the same thing for photo work, usually with a letter at the end. It makes searching a lot easier.

Whenever I need to write the date and I ask they say the 3rd (for example) and I'm like the 3rd of what... February... okay what year?

Status
Not open for further replies.