Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 524 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they're taking as less as possible because this will be amazing if we're able to actually travel through the dense areas at high speed.
I'm sure they will. Universals gardeners and designers are masterful in creating the illusion of space. But I'm with demonacarnotaur, it's painful to watch them tear down paradise.
But with all these hotel rooms Universal wants butts in seats, not only in queue's so it's for the best.

Yeah that pond area isn't a smoking area anymore to my knowledge. Glad to see that more progress is going to happen soon and glad to see we have other sources now reporting the location for them. One pond will remain or be left over after they're done. The pathway / bridge area will get a little bit of widening and a new "hub" for the pathway. Attached below is what you can expect.

Raptor Encounter. I expect metal detectors as we have several crossings.

Could this widened pathway with hub design be the new main entrance to Jurassic Park/World coming from the right side of the park? It seems like they may be going for a very industrial look for Jurassic Park with steel coaster track arching over the entrance in possibly more than one place. I hope they go below the bridge in the furthest out section of the coaster. I am curious about the water effect being added in front of the discovery center. Will it be a pond or a fake splash effect? This is truly going to look different. Trying to be excited!!!

Pretty elaborate fail safe way to keep people off the balcony. Universal spared no expense. :lol:
i6QUKZs.gif

...To be honest, considering Kong; this ain't shocking in the slightest.

My new video is up now! It goes over the track layout, includes an update on the land and work walls, but also gets into rumors for scenes, as well as the future fate of the Jurassic land at IOA. Let me know what you think!

Also, I have updated my track layout image slightly and have included the new one used in the video below.

JP-Coaster-Layout08b.jpg

I find it strange the entrance is on the back of the Discovery Center, it seems like it's way out of the way. Are they going to do anything special to funnel people towards the entrance?

(I can't watch Aliscia's video at the moment since I'm at work, so not sure if this is covered.)

I find it strange the entrance is on the back of the Discovery Center, it seems like it's way out of the way. Are they going to do anything special to funnel people towards the entrance?

(I can't watch Aliscia's video at the moment since I'm at work, so not sure if this is covered.)
I mention it at the end of the video. The waterfront courtyard is being expanded, and the bypass bridge between Lost Continent and the Jurassic land is going to become a more permanent (and likely always open) passageway, essentially leading directly to the ride.

I mention it at the end of the video. The waterfront courtyard is being expanded, and the bypass bridge between Lost Continent and the Jurassic land is going to become a more permanent (and likely always open) passageway, essentially leading directly to the ride.
Thank you! I'll be watching later tonight after work. :)

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.