Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 636 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the coaster opens in 2021, I guess we're assuming the games and other areas across from the coaster will be ready ahead of that (maybe later this year).

Seeing what they do with the newer areas outside of the coaster will give us a good idea of whether they'll do a complete retheme to JW in the near future.

Oh, I guess that makes sense. But that POV honestly made me realize how good this ride could be. Can't wait!
While the POV does look fun, not sure we really needed it to know how cool a roller coaster through Jurassic World could be. Especially if we get one or two show pieces, as rumored. I am expecting more theming like the rockwork in Camp Jurassic though, in addition to the concrete JW style buildings we see here as well.

While the POV does look fun, not sure we really needed it to know how cool a roller coaster through Jurassic World could be. Especially if we get one or two show pieces, as rumored. I am expecting more theming like the rockwork in Camp Jurassic though, in addition to the concrete JW style buildings we see here as well.

I sort of needed it to see what it could actually look like. I've never seen the majority of the Jurassic films, and none of the POV's and images I saw had any of the theming elements shown here. There's also more to the layout in this POV like the inverting drop and the corkscrew that wasn't in the other POV's.

How will the rockwork be able to fit in with all the buildings? Isn't that space pretty cramped?

Reactions: Andysol
I sort of needed it to see what it could actually look like. I've never seen the majority of the Jurassic films, and none of the POV's and images I saw had any of the theming elements shown here. There's also more to the layout in this POV like the inverting drop and the corkscrew that wasn't in the other POV's.

How will the rockwork be able to fit in with all the buildings? Isn't that space pretty cramped?
That's why I called it a canopy, I think it's like a cave roof thingy to essentially enclose some of the spaghetti bowl section. Plus, of course, jungle foliage and electric fences.

Expectations raised

Reactions: Magic-Man
Argh, that top hat...I'm finally going to face my fears and do RRR in December, and I'm sure I'll find that the drops don't bother me anymore (I loved Ripsaw when I went last time, to my surprise.)

But that top hat.

Reactions: La2kw
What's funny to me is all of the people on r/rollercoasters saying that there's no way this coaster gets a tophat- despite there always being a tophat in every leaked concept art or layout.

Argh, that top hat...I'm finally going to face my fears and do RRR in December, and I'm sure I'll find that the drops don't bother me anymore (I loved Ripsaw when I went last time, to my surprise.)

But that top hat.
Thrill rides have a tendency to look more fearful than they actually are. Once you summon the courage to give it a try, you'll probably say, heck that was easy and fun, damn that I didn't try it earlier. :thumbsup::toast:

If the coaster opens in 2021, I guess we're assuming the games and other areas across from the coaster will be ready ahead of that (maybe later this year).

Seeing what they do with the newer areas outside of the coaster will give us a good idea of whether they'll do a complete retheme to JW in the near future.
wasnt there a permit stating for construction to be completed in 2021? doesnt that confirm a 2021 opening?

Reactions: WillQ92
Status
Not open for further replies.