Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 718 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man am I all for a full JW redo. Having both I still think could work, but I’d rather them go 100% one way or the other. I’ve perosnally really enjoyed the JW films and the world it’s created. I don’t think their as good as the originals but I think they’re very worthy of full treatment. I know it’s not Isla Nubar or wherever the Beijing land is but, I want those mountains!!!

Everything here really is looking tremendous though. Assuming the world is back to normal by 2022, my 2022 trip is gonna he filled with tons of new things to do here, depending on how different the JW river ride is from the JP one, never watched a POV of it from Hollywood. If this ends up being the case, In excited and all for it!

Albeit, tiny bit sad I won’t get on River Adventure again potentially

As far as RA goes, the only real difficult thing might be incorporating Indominus. I hope we could still keep Tiff coming out of the fog.

Someone suggested they make the Mososaurus tank a street display.
It could be a cool thing to put on the other side of the new Forbidden Journey lockers. Even keep the part with it hitting the glass and it cracking- making a nice mist to walk through on a hot day :lol:
The only way they should put it on the ride is if they can find a way to not shoehorn it in like USH. It's a cool idea, the parallaxing on the "windows" is so amazingly well done but that doesn't make up for how badly they blended it with the rest of the environment.

Last edited:
Daily reader, occasional poster....
I know the rebrand debate has been ongoing for several years and the seemingly general consensus is that they could have elements be JW within a land called JP, but today’s developments has me thinking this will be a slow, deliberate rebrand. Maybe they don’t entirely gut the discovery center, but the fact that the new audio is very aggressively calling the area Jurassic World makes me think this will be a slow rebrand to the land being called Jurassic World. Piece by piece. JPRA could have an extended annual refurb that changes signage and some new colored paint and there you go...JWRA.

EDIT: hopefully with some new AA’s.

Last edited:
Honestly besides JPRA and the Discovery Center, how hard would it be to change the area? Paint and new signage could be an easy change. Throw in some new foliage, the JW archway and maybe a couple new photo-ops and you got yourself a brand new land

Reactions: Beauseph
As somebody who enjoys the JW movies but prefers the OG aesthetic, I’m just glad Jurassic is in Universal Parks’ future. Without these new movies, this land would be on the chopping block like so many other classic universal rides/lands. I’m just hoping they take today and apply it to yesterday. JWRA doesn’t have to be USH’s “the ride”, but it can have similar elements. Best of both worlds. They don’t need to be carbon copies and can benefit by not being too similar. “Beating the dead horse” sequels allow our legendary UOR attractions to live on. And hopefully, occasionally, these sequels are kinda good.

Reactions: belloq87
As somebody who enjoys the JW movies but prefers the OG aesthetic, I’m just glad Jurassic is in Universal Parks’ future. Without these new movies, this land would be on the chopping block like so many other classic universal rides/lands. I’m just hoping they take today and apply it to yesterday. JWRA doesn’t have to be USH’s “the ride”, but it can have similar elements. Best of both worlds. They don’t need to be carbon copies and can benefit by not being too similar. “Beating the dead horse” sequels allow our legendary UOR attractions to live on.

Nah, dinosaurs are an evergreen subject. JP and Monsters are probably the two most timeless brands that Universal owns.

Honestly besides JPRA and the Discovery Center, how hard would it be to change the area? Paint and new signage could be an easy change. Throw in some new foliage, the JW archway and maybe a couple new photo-ops and you got yourself a brand new land
...and honestly, we have no idea what they have planned for the area after the coaster and raptor encounter are finished. They could very easily change the signage and the smaller things and then do a remodel on the discovery center. I mean they've spent this much money, just keep on going. River adventure I'm not expecting anything to change. Hollywood just seems like such a cluster of an attempt to make it better and it failed miserably. Hopefully when they're done with that one it'll be acceptable...but right now it's a stinker. Point is JP in IOA may eventually turn to JW. Just wait and see.

Reactions: Beauseph
Nah, dinosaurs are an evergreen subject. JP and Monsters are probably the two most timeless brands that Universal owns.
Hey, I love your optimism but if I could briefly get off topic, I never imagined a world where they’d close Jaws. I thought it was uni’s POTC or, let’s be honest, JRC. Once that went, all hands were off. But yes, Dino’s are legendary and historic and I’m glad to see Universal knows it’s their premium IP. Rant over.

... also my best guess as to why they installing the double helix right now is so that portion of track is installed and the bridge can be used for when the park reopens to accommodate for the social distancing procedures and when the castle show lets out.

Status
Not open for further replies.