Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 720 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The schedules conflicting kind of points at Universal quickly deciding that they were going to open sooner than later. Extremely interesting haha
Not really. Universal was doing this with construction trucks before the park closed, bringing excavated dirt out of the construction zone and other equipment into it during park hours. They also did stuff like this during Transformers construction during park hours.

Not really. Universal was doing this with construction trucks before the park closed, bringing excavated dirt out of the construction zone and other equipment into it during park hours. They also did stuff like this during Transformers construction during park hours.
Really?! I did not know that(Although I do remember the loud pile-driving during the construction of Transformers). I guess the location makes it hard to load dirt from backstage.

On Monday I went on P. Flyers for the first time in forever and one of the track pieces (maybe the top hat?) goes extremely close to the P. Flyers track. I can only imagine the noise that'll make as the cars fly by. That'll be extremely cool to me/absolutely terrifying for any small child having an otherwise leisurely flight. :lol:

I don’t see it because the last thing Universal want is people putting off a vacation until next year for this coaster.
Good point. Idk, they're also going to need vacations booked as tourism is going to be down for the next year or two, and they likely aren't going to be raking it in this summer. So if anything I feel Universal may want to get early hype on this as Disney (other than Rat) have nothing for 2021, Universal can maybe pickup a few peoples vacation slots. Its different times so idk. Either market it early and try and cash in next year or do what they do, wait. I think it'd be smarter to go for earlier hype on this one and be the one in Orlando with a big new toy for people to see.

This is for 2022 right?

No, it's for next year.
I don’t see it because the last thing Universal want is people putting off a vacation until next year for this coaster.
People are already putting off vacations for 10000 other reasons. They're just not going to announce it soon because that's just not what Universal does.

No, it's for next year.
Ah! I forgot how long the land clearing took and just remember 2-3 years for a build.

ALso, My thing is a lot of people that do take vacations to the parks utilize a lot of social media and read/look at blogs. All they have to do is type universal orlando and plenty articles and pictures come up about the new ride. They KNOW something is coming by the sheer amount of coverage people give it for free so if that doesn't stop them from still coming then i'm sure an announcement wouldn't. Although I, personally, feel an announcement closer to opening is better.

Ah! I forgot how long the land clearing took and just remember 2-3 years for a build.

ALso, My thing is a lot of people that do take vacations to the parks utilize a lot of social media and read/look at blogs. All they have to do is type universal orlando and plenty articles and pictures come up about the new ride. They KNOW something is coming by the sheer amount of coverage people give it for free so if that doesn't stop them from still coming then i'm sure an announcement wouldn't. Although I, personally, feel an announcement closer to opening is better.
I think the amount of people that know something is coming is a lot lower than you think. I'd say the vast majority of guests do little to know planning/research before showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.