Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 723 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every coaster has an iconic photo. Hulk has the cobra roll, Kumba has the interlocking corkscrews, HRRR has the side profile with the drop and non inverting loop and so on.

I’m wondering what this one will be.

Probably the across the lagoon with the top hat and barrel roll.

Last edited:
Every coaster has an iconic photo. Hulk has the cobra roll, Kumba has the interlocking corkscrews, HRRR has the wide profile with the drop and non inverting loop and so on.

Great question. I’m going to say the stall since it serves as the entrance marquee to the land and also because it cruises over the pathway so so low.

Reactions: Scott W.
Every coaster has an iconic photo. Hulk has the cobra roll, Kumba has the interlocking corkscrews, HRRR has the wide profile with the drop and non inverting loop and so on.

Honestly, I think this will be the one instance to where we may have..two to maybe three iconic photo locations.

The first, as you mentioned is across the lagoon with the top hat and heart-line roll like inversion; and the other two are..strangely enough the 540 degree turnabout section close to Three Broomsticks.

Reactions: Scott W.
Every coaster has an iconic photo. Hulk has the cobra roll, Kumba has the interlocking corkscrews, HRRR has the side profile with the drop and non inverting loop and so on.

I wonder how many trains? Could they time it so one is on the tophat while another is in the roll? If so then that is your picture.

My guess for the top hat profile. Not quite 90 degrees but still significant enough to look and feel like a true top hat element.

Untitled.png

The over the water roll is starting to go in:

kHroMVV.jpg

There's already a lot to get excited about for this coaster, but seeing this element finally get put in reaffirms this is one of the more unique finales we've seen on a coaster in a while.

So is the heartline just like maverick or is it a little looser? It doesn't look as sharp...maybe its the angle.

So is the heartline just like maverick or is it a little looser? It doesn't look as sharp...maybe its the angle.
It definitely looks a little looser. Maverick's roll looked much closer to an inline twist. This should certainly be more comfortable.

Great work! But, this looks...ugly. Maybe it'll look nicer once construction's completed and trees are replanted.
I mean... it’s a giant mass of steel.
Theyll do their best to conceal it with trees and rock work. But it’s just putting lipstick on a pig.

The pig, of course, likely contains the best pork you’ve ever eaten though. So that’s the trade off.

I don't like how the color of the coaster contrasts with the Discovery Building's paint scheme being so... Jurassic Park (Red/Orange). I know many would be against this, but I would sort of like to see this become the Innovation Center. I think the Jurassic World color scheme (Blue/Grey) fit this coaster far more than JP. We all know that the Discovery Center needs an update anyway as it's stale and the tech is very old. Making it the Innovation Center would reinvigorate it a bit and update it.

I get that JP and JW can technically exist within the same land and the IOA land is Isla Adventura, not something from the movies. However, if you're gonna go halfway on JW, I say just go all-in. The JW/JP color schemes clash too much.

I mean... it’s a giant mass of steel.
Theyll do their best to conceal it with trees and rock work. But it’s just putting lipstick on a pig.

The pig, of course, likely contains the best pork you’ve ever eaten though. So that’s the trade off.

"I happen to be a vegetarian" ;)

Great work! But, this looks...ugly. Maybe it'll look nicer once construction's completed and trees are replanted.

This is looking pretty fantastic to me and I think once landscaped it won't be so 'ugly' I'm sure there will be plenty of big palm trees going back in and maybe even some rockwork.

I don't like how the color of the coaster contrasts with the Discovery Building's paint scheme being so... Jurassic Park (Red/Orange). I know many would be against this, but I would sort of like to see this become the Innovation Center. I think the Jurassic World color scheme (Blue/Grey) fit this coaster far more than JP. We all know that the Discovery Center needs an update anyway as it's stale and the tech is very old. Making it the Innovation Center would reinvigorate it a bit and update it.

I get that JP and JW can technically exist within the same land and the IOA land is Isla Adventura, not something from the movies. However, if you're gonna go halfway on JW, I say just go all-in. The JW/JP color schemes clash too much.

Well River Adventure is bound to get the JW makeover at some point I would think, just a case of when.

Once that happens I can see the whole land being converted to JW. As you said the discovery center would look better as the blue/white innovation center next to this coaster.

I find myself wondering now if it will be a 'one - two punch' of Velocicoaster in 2021 and JW River Adventure in 2022.

Reactions: Nick
"I happen to be a vegetarian" ;)

This is looking pretty fantastic to me and I think once landscaped it won't be so 'ugly' I'm sure there will be plenty of big palm trees going back in and maybe even some rockwork.

Well River Adventure is bound to get the JW makeover at some point I would think, just a case of when.

Once that happens I can see the whole land being converted to JW. As you said the discovery center would look better as the blue/white innovation center next to this coaster.

I find myself wondering now if it will be a 'one - two punch' of Velocicoaster in 2021 and JW River Adventure in 2022.
It would be a way to "add" something in one of the years before Epic Universe without really adding anything. I assume the overlay can't be too expensive and it would allow them to market the ride as new when in fact it's been there since park opening.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Status
Not open for further replies.