Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 724 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious for you Orlando folk, would you actually be satisfied if Jurassic World in its current state came to Orlando? For me there's still loads of pacing issues with that ride.
I actually haven't watched a video of it as I prefer to experience things in person and i'll either experience it in Hollywood or it'll come to IOA. I'm just sot of expecting it as an inevitability that it's coming at some point, but we'll see.

Just curious for you Orlando folk, would you actually be satisfied if Jurassic World in its current state came to Orlando? For me there's still loads of pacing issues with that ride.
I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, it would be nice to let Hollywood have something unique for once though. Something to look forward to if I make it out to USH again.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

I'm not one of the Orlando folk but I'd guess they would do a better job on the second go at it.
Not that there is much wrong with Hollywood but some transitions etc could be better such as coming out of the mosasaurus tank or the much discussed predator cove.

No, but I also think if it does come to Orlando it won't be a 1:1 clone. For one, the Mosasaur scene wouldn't happen in Orlando IMO. I think basically the inside part of the ride would be the same, while cosmetic upgrades (and animated figure replacements) would happen on the outside.

To be blunt, I'd expect that a Jurassic World River Adventure would have some large differences to separate itself from Hollywood.

The only exception may lie on T-Rex Kingdom (but even then, they should have more space to fit things in).

No, but I also think if it does come to Orlando it won't be a 1:1 clone. For one, the Mosasaur scene wouldn't happen in Orlando IMO. I think basically the inside part of the ride would be the same, while cosmetic upgrades (and animated figure replacements) would happen on the outside.
Yes. Plus Orlando doesn't have the sight line issues that the outdoor area of Hollywood had, It's beginning is immersive and doesn't need an indoor scene at the to hide the non ride buildings.

The restraint system should be similar to that of Taron/Taiga/Pantheon; of a simple over the shoulder like this.

View attachment 12368

Elevated seats like that with that low hanging inversion over the water is going to be quite something.

Yes. Plus Orlando doesn't have the sight line issues that the outdoor area of Hollywood had, It's beginning is immersive and doesn't need an indoor scene at the to hide the non ride buildings.

I think Universal will be avoiding screens as much as possible, especially when it was all practical before.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The fact that there’s a legit argument that this could be better than a 200 ft steel retrofit of Gwazi is something I wouldn’t have imagined 10 years ago. What a time to be alive y’all.

I really think this will frame the Discovery Center well from across the lake. Top hat to the left, helix to the right, roll across the waterline with unobstructed view of the fossil and roof line.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
The fact that there’s a legit argument that this could be better than a 200 ft steel retrofit of Gwazi is something I wouldn’t have imagined 10 years ago. What a time to be alive y’all.
After Hagrid I always expected this to be world class...but at this point I expect it to be in the discussion for Top 10 in the world, which is certainly a feather in the cap for Universal

I don't like how the color of the coaster contrasts with the Discovery Building's paint scheme being so... Jurassic Park (Red/Orange). I know many would be against this, but I would sort of like to see this become the Innovation Center. I think the Jurassic World color scheme (Blue/Grey) fit this coaster far more than JP. We all know that the Discovery Center needs an update anyway as it's stale and the tech is very old. Making it the Innovation Center would reinvigorate it a bit and update it.

I get that JP and JW can technically exist within the same land and the IOA land is Isla Adventura, not something from the movies. However, if you're gonna go halfway on JW, I say just go all-in. The JW/JP color schemes clash too much.
My reaction if this actually happened...
tlPi4rA.gif

The JP Visitor's Center that inspired the Discovery Center is almost iconic. JW's Innovation Center... isn't.

But at this point, after the explicit new JW elements of Raptor Encounter, I'm putting more money than not on the idea that Universal is probably thinking of doing something close to what you propose. I think they're hellbent on transforming my once-favorite land in the park into... well, a land that is not going to be my favorite land in the park any longer.

Not satisfied, no.

I certainly would like River Adventure to receive updated animatronics, but that's about the extent of what I'd want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.