Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 749 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, a few shots from today.

First we can see what the concrete posts for the railing along the water look like.

20200622-145348.jpg

20200622-144548.jpg

I don't think we have talked about this building. It is in the middle of the spaghetti bowl.

20200622-130521.jpg

New track.

20200622-130423.jpg

20200622-130432.jpg

20200622-125712.jpg

20200622-130235.jpg

Notasaur!

20200622-130310.jpg

Doesn't matter if it's a dinosaur rock or not...I made you talk about it. That's what this forum is for. Speculation. Maybe at the peak of the rock work there's going to be a barbasol can?...or maybe not? Who knows? But you're thinking about it...
Maybe not a barbasol can but maybe the infamous Gatorade/Powerade bottle makes a reappearance?

IMO, I feel like what we're seeing isn't a dinosaur. Its probably just a weirdly shaped rock. and, I feel like that steel structure maybe are the cages with gates from Jurassic Park/World that open up and lead you into the paddock. So, I'm still getting the impression that the ride may be us getting a tour of the Ingen raptor facility then something goes awry.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Perhaps because they need an even bigger one?
Well it's certain that a crane will be needed, and as of two days ago, there wasn't any crane whatsoever in that area. Best guess is sometime this week. I believe the capacity of the cranes they have on site were exceeded... except the one in the spaghetti bowl area which is out of range. So you'll see it this week and they'll bring in a crane just for the top hat. In and out in a day or two.

I've been avoiding this forum, and the updates since COVID, as I found it way too depressing. That being said. WOW. Can someone forward me the anticipated track layout? Also Black track is an interesting choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
I've been avoiding this forum, and the updates since COVID, as I found it way too depressing. That being said. WOW. Can someone forward me the anticipated track layout? Also Black track is an interesting choice.
Actually, that's a wise idea. I've considered it myself at times, but my need for Universal info updates keeps me here....for now.....But, you are sooo right. It has become a series of depressing, mostly negative, threads, for the most part.

Green could have worked, but with Hulk already present I think it was wise to choose black.
I think that really is the issue. For me, my top two color choices for this track (brown and green) are already taken by Hagrid and Hulk, respectively. I still feel like there could have been another way or color, but to be honest, I keep drawing blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.