Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 857 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked like the launch video at the end wasn’t CGI, at least in my opinion. Looked like it could’ve been from a nighttime test. Seats look comfortable for how much this thing is gonna move ya around, loving everything about this coaster.

I’m just hoping “Summer 2021” doesn’t mean after June 22.
I definitely feel they’re aiming for Memorial Day/4th of July, so I think you’ll be good for soft openings if they do any. They aren’t as time restricted now I believe since the film has been pushed back so I could see mid-summer if the world seems significantly safer by then compared to May.

You can see the first train that makes it over in this video, clears all the sticks off the track from the Osprey's.
Edit: Actually you can see sticks falling from the first train's rollback too.

I wonder if that debris will potentially cause issues with the wheels on the trains if it becomes lodged between the track and wheels. I mean, it's wood, so it shouldn't be a problem, but what is the material those wheels are made from?

Universal Orlando has shared its first look at the ride vehicle for the upcoming attraction, Jurassic World VelociCoaster, set to open at Islands of Adventure in Summer 2021.

We've included a few screenshots from the video so you can get a good look at some of the different angles.

I’m just hoping “Summer 2021” doesn’t mean after June 22.
"Summer" is a very vague term in the theme park industry. Universal typically considers "Summer" as having started on Memorial Day Weekend and ends like the week before HHN. Given how far along this coaster is, it should be around Memorial Day for opening, I'd think.

The-Most-Extreme-Coaster-Ride-Vehicle-Has-Been-Unleashed-At-Universal-Orlando-Resort.jpg

The claw marks are such a great touch.

Just a heads up that this month’s photo update has a big section on VC constriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.