Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 858 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been paying too close attention besides checking in here and there, so do we actually know what the story is?

I haven't been paying too close attention besides checking in here and there, so do we actually know what the story is?
Officially:

...Jurassic World unveils the next evolution of its “carnivore expansion”: the VelociCoaster, where riders embark on a high-speed chase and feel the rush of the hunt while racing alongside a nimble Velociraptor pack.

My guess, they use some sort of emitter thing on the trains (sonic or electro-magnetic) that keep you safe from the raptors. The LEDs are part of that, creating a dome of security around us. And the 4 dot matching LEDs on trains and the transfer gates may be the way we can get in and out of the paddock but the raptors cannot. Given that this is a Jurassic ride in a Universal park, maybe the force-field thingy malfunctions in the middle, but we launch out just in the nick of time. Then they get it working just as we're heading back in.

If that Osprey lays eggs wont we have to wait till they're hatched? :look:
Typically yes, but there are ways around it.

Might be different if it was managed by Reedy Creek though. A building in Disney Springs (can't remember if it was Jock Lindsey or Boathouse - somewhere in that area) was delayed by a few months because a protected bird moved in and they couldn't cut the tree down until its eggs hatched and flew away.

According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, Osprey breeding season is April-May so I don't think we'll see that become an issue just yet. If I were a betting man, I'd say by March the coaster will be running so regularly that I'm sure guest relations will be fielding a litany of "Why can't we ride?!?" complaints if it's not soft open by then. By then the birds will be long gone.

936585.jpg

Scanned through, but didn’t see this addressed, how is the JW branding being justified in JP? And what’s the master plan for the land? All JW?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.