Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm in a slim minority. Seeing Hogwarts from Jurassic Park just doesn't bother me.

It's not really the castle itself. It's more of the giant grey box. Though the castle is intrusive thematically when entering Jurassic Park from WWoHP.

- - - Updated - - -

IOA has PLENTY of restaraunts. I dont think losing Thunder Falls will hurt much, and I could definitely see them removing it.

Too bad it's one of the better restaurants in the park.

^ Wild, I walked in there once just to see what it was about. It is very very custom themed but the cafeteria packed nature of the place turned me off. While Burger Diggs has a similar space, it also has the balcony which I love. Perhaps a multi-terraced end-ride seating area would have, could've/could improved things at Thunder Falls.

Mmm, Mythos and Broomsticks are the better restaraunts in the park. Everytime Im in JP I notice how sad it is the ratio of food eateries to rides and attractions. Sometimes you just have to lose some to win some.

^ Wild, I walked in there once just to see what it was about. It is very very custom themed but the cafeteria packed nature of the place turned me off. While Burger Diggs has a similar space, it also has the balcony which I love. Perhaps a multi-terraced end-ride seating area would have, could've/could improved things at Thunder Falls.

I agree about the balcony. It offers great views of the park with a nice breeze.

Mmm, Mythos and Broomsticks are the better restaraunts in the park. Everytime Im in JP I notice how sad it is the ratio of food eateries to rides and attractions. Sometimes you just have to lose some to win some.

Oh, I totally agree. Toon Lagoon is the worst about this. Comic Strip Lane feels like a strip mall, with too many shops and restaurants and food carts. I think Universal can take down some of the standard "pretzels, popcorn, sodas" carts. In both JP and Toon, it feels like there is one every 10 feet or so.

Agreed 100%. I believe "over saturation" is the best way to describe this.

I also hate the rock climbing wall near River Adventure.

I wonder how much money these restaurants and stands make, because they haven't changed much in IOA in it's 14 year history. Hey, maybe this JP expansion includes better food?

And if only every restaurant in every island offered different food options. You don't see this problem in the Studios with their areas.

I wonder how much money these restaurants and stands make, because they haven't changed much in IOA in it's 14 year history. Hey, maybe this JP expansion includes better food?

And if only every restaurant in every island offered different food options. You don't see this problem in the Studios with their areas.

Those carts make at least $1,000 every day...carts that sell turkey legs and hot dogs often get to the $5-$6,000 range...theres a reason theyre there :lol:

I love sitting in Thunder Falls next to the drop of JPRA though...the only thing I'd really miss from it

You know it's weird but I don't think I've ever been in there! I have no idea why either lol Maybe it's because every time I go to Universal and want to do everything or experience everything my friends or whoever else is with me are lame and want to skip stuff. Booo to them :down:

You know it's weird but I don't think I've ever been in there! I have no idea why either lol Maybe it's because every time I go to Universal and want to do everything or experience everything my friends or whoever else is with me are lame and want to skip stuff. Booo to them :down:

Go by yourself and set an agenda! I have done this many times just to ponder the concepts and work of the artists involved.

Go by yourself and set an agenda!

What Teebs said.

Go by yourself. In my case instead of setting an agenda of things I would like to check out I started at the entrance and kept turning to the right and entered every little nook and cranny that I could explore without getting in trouble. When you reach the entrance cross to the other side and take every left you can. You get the idea. You'll be amazed by some of the things you will discover. This will take multiple days to cover both parks

I'm curious what is to come of Island Skipper Tours. Everyone seems to forget that it's there. I could see them removing Thunder Falls, but I don't really think it would be all that necessary as it really doesn't take up all that much space. I can see them building the Volcano/AmberMine whatever you want to call it behind/beside Thunder. Updating River Adventures dinosaurs and boats. Expanding Camp into the old Triceratops area with maybe a flat-ride, and redoing the flyers like the Singapore version. Cleaning up that area beside Pizza Predatoria, maybe Moving the photo-op Trex by Thunder over here so they can make way for the coaster entrance. Doing something with the shoreline and Skipper Tours. Maybe making a viewing area for a future lagoon show.

I doubt they will do anything with Pteranadon Flyers. Rarely does any theme park mess with an existing infrastructure unless it wields insane profit. Either they will completely remove it or leave it exactly as it is, I think. Making it more like the Singapore version requires a new track and entirely new vehicles. Adding a car or two to the current vehicle is impossible. Upping each vehicle's capacity will render the swinging aspect of it unsafe. It sucks that it's got 45 minute lines on slow days but we can just take it as a loss and move on. It really wastes no space and is not really aimed at the people on this board anyway. I think it's safe to say it isn't going anywhere just because there's a lot bigger fish to fry at the moment, and doing anything with it (the way it is now) would be a huge, HUGE undertaking.

I doubt they will do anything with Pteranadon Flyers. Rarely does any theme park mess with an existing infrastructure unless it wields insane profit. Either they will completely remove it or leave it exactly as it is, I think. Making it more like the Singapore version requires a new track and entirely new vehicles. Adding a car or two to the current vehicle is impossible. Upping each vehicle's capacity will render the swinging aspect of it unsafe. It sucks that it's got 45 minute lines on slow days but we can just take it as a loss and move on. It really wastes no space and is not really aimed at the people on this board anyway. I think it's safe to say it isn't going anywhere just because there's a lot bigger fish to fry at the moment, and doing anything with it (the way it is now) would be a huge, HUGE undertaking.

It just sucks, because if you can manage to get on it it's a really fun ride. If they were to redo it (with new track, vehicles, etc.) they could potentially market it as a new attraction, one perhaps with a less unwieldily name...

I too would hate to see Thunder Falls go. It is the restaurant I go to the most often because it feels very spacious yet well-themed, offers slightly more Jurassic Park-ish food than the others, and gives an amazing view of the ride (as well as "Thunder Falls" with its artificial natural beauty :lol:). But I too also agree that some structure should be erected to conceal the massive rectangular prism that is the Forbidden Journey ride building, perhaps where the Pizza Predatoria is if I'm thinking of the right spot?

I too would hate to see Thunder Falls go. It is the restaurant I go to the most often because it feels very spacious yet well-themed, offers slightly more Jurassic Park-ish food than the others, and gives an amazing view of the ride (as well as "Thunder Falls" with its artificial natural beauty :lol:). But I too also agree that some structure should be erected to conceal the massive rectangular prism that is the Forbidden Journey ride building, perhaps where the Pizza Predatoria is if I'm thinking of the right spot?
A massive structure to hide a massive structure? Genius

I would love to see a giant waterfall/smoking volcano put there

Status
Not open for further replies.