Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An observation of JP from this past week: it is very cluttered and does not handle crowds well. The games are VERY close to the queue entrance and seem like they will only exacerbate this problem.

Replacing Pizza Predatoria with a tall JP building surrounded by trees would go far in helping block Hogwarts and would be a great location for a Great Hall Restaurant. Right now, it's an odd transition from River Adventure to the Discovery Center.

An observation of JP from this past week: it is very cluttered and does not handle crowds well. The games are VERY close to the queue entrance and seem like they will only exacerbate this problem.

Replacing Pizza Predatoria with a tall JP building surrounded by trees would go far in helping block Hogwarts and would be a great location for a Great Hall Restaurant. Right now, it's an odd transition from River Adventure to the Discovery Center.

Your first paragraph makes me sooooo sad. I love the idea of a tall JP themed building to hide that Potty mess.

This this this this this this this!

My biggest hope with this project is that they don't try to cram something that will only just fit into the space (Transformers - style), and lose the space for thick vegetation. The current island does an incredible job of feeling like wilderness; each building and ride just peeks out from the trees so you are never out of sight of a thick jumble of greenery. Hopefully UC will know their limits so this overall immersion is not compromised for the sake of squeezing in a particular attraction in a particular space. It seems to me there are many things that would just fit on the Trike spot, but would leave no room for 'bedding in' and hiding from plain sight of the main path.

They should do seven things for this expansion:

1. Add the Amber Mine coaster in the Thunder Falls plot
2. Hide the Potter show building COMPLETELY from JP
3. Fix up the Discovery Center whether it means that Mr. DNA ride or some new exhibits
4. Put an Alien Encounter style theater attraction where Trikes is
5. Make Pteranodon Flyers a family attraction rather than just for kids
6. Massive refurb of JPRA
7. Add something like that dino flat ride from Universal Singapore - maybe have the vehicles swoop down on their own and have it be the Astro Orbiter of Universal Orlando?

Bonus: Make Jurassic Park IV an excellent genre film :wave:

An Alien Encounter-style show with Raptors would be friggin' amazing, but at this point I don't think Universal would risk doing an attraction like that, especially since they're trying to be more family-friendly now.

3. Fix up the Discovery Center whether it means that Mr. DNA ride or some new exhibits
7. Add something like that dino flat ride from Universal Singapore - maybe have the vehicles swoop down on their own and have it be the Astro Orbiter of Universal Orlando?

I'm all for this. Seriously, that would be so freaking cool.

An Alien Encounter-style show with Raptors would be friggin' amazing, but at this point I don't think Universal would risk doing an attraction like that, especially since they're trying to be more family-friendly now.

Well considering Jurassic Park is pretty much for kids already :lol: I think one adult-friendly attraction can fit if they put the family coaster and a Camp Jurassic flat ride plus fix up the Discovery Center a little bit. And they can always add that Mr. DNA dark ride later on if JPIV is a huge hit

Well considering Jurassic Park is pretty much for kids already :lol:

Well, a large number of families with kids walk right by CJ which is kind of sad. They could drop their kids off there for three hours and all would be fine.

On another note, I have not a clue what is intended for the southern space that HTF referenced as being marked and surveyed. I worry that they will screw up that entrance side visually too, rendering JP a piece of carny trash. Can Comcast throw too much money at this park. Answer: YES.

Pretty much took all the ideas out of my head lol Oh and more Dino's around JP! :thumbs:

BTW, who says that Thunder Falls Terrace isn't on the chopping block for this expansion? The restaurant isn't busy during most weeks of the year and it's irrelevant anyway, especially in this new era of highly themed food and drink based on IP's.

BTW, who says that Thunder Falls Terrace isn't on the chopping block for this expansion? The restaurant isn't busy during most weeks of the year and it's irrelevant anyway, especially in this new era of highly themed food and drink based on IP's.

pretty much none of this is true.

Here's an Idea. People in walk around Dino suits. Like in the Hollywood Dreams Parade at USS. Heck just bring the parade over to IOA and theme it to the different islands. Only problem is street space and crowds. IOA wasn't exactly designed for parades.

Last edited:
Really? I've never seen more than 5 tables taken in there... but perhaps I go at all the wrong, er... right times.

Its not the most crowded, but once Potter opened it started getting more business (lots of traffic coming by)...in fact it used to be only open seasonally but its sales now justify year-round operation.
As far as it being irrelevant, I have to admit Im not sure what you meant by that :lol: but it has great food thats not standard burgers and pizza. It also has a great atmosphere inside and view overlooking the JPRA splash zone. I dont see them taking out a restaurant, especially a quality one, for an attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.