Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HTF, did they ever explain their logic behind this?? I just feel like the games work in Toon Lagoon and maybe LC. But I just dont see this being a good long-term decision for JP

I honestly don't understand why people play these games when they're at a big resort. This isn't Six Flags. And aren't the games in between Marvel and TL enough? The studios only have one section with games why can't IOA? It just feels unnecessary to ruin JP's theme just to make a (very) few extra bucks.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I honestly don't understand why people play these games when they're at a big resort. This isn't Six Flags. And aren't the games in between Marvel and TL enough? The studios only have one section with games why can't IOA? It just feels unnecessary to ruin JP's theme just to make a (very) few extra bucks.
Exactly.

Kids LOVE the games (obviously they're not the ones paying and don't understand it's a bit of a rip-off), and there are a lot of parents who look at it as this item is the kids souvenir for the park.

They also get a lot of locals, for the same reason that six flags games get a lot of locals. They've done everything, they are killing time, trying to impress a girl/guy, ect.

HTF, did they ever explain their logic behind this?? I just feel like the games work in Toon Lagoon and maybe LC. But I just dont see this being a good long-term decision for JP

Nitro has me covered here, it is indeed due to the LC games closing.

This is ridonkulous.

City walk and in between MSI and TL are plenty. What a stupid idea.

What are they doing to the games being removed in LC?

Can't they stick them out in city walk instead.... Not JP please :fist::'(

They're already cluttering citywalk too much as is....I vote for complete removal.

The only reason I don't mind them between MSI and TL is because...well, it's a pretty empty area anyway.

So we will still have carnival games at Citywalk, the Simpsons, TL, and JP........4 places for 2 theme parks and entertainment complex. I don't like it.

I also hate to compare this to Disney, but except for DinoRama, the only other place on property Disney does this is at the Boardwalk, IIRC.

Hi i'm new here.

Would the reason they are going there be to keep a flow of people through the park. If JP as an island will be essentially going down for both refurb and building then the games make sense. They'll need to keep an open path through the island and instead of having just nothing there but wooden hoarding there will at least be something there. hopefully once the re-furb and new rides are complete they'll move them to a new area of IOA to cover the next upgrade/refurb.

Just a thought anyway...

It might be as simple as noy having asked the question "why do we have these games anyway", rather just taking that they must be there and skipping on to the question "given that the games must exist, where to move them (to)?".

Personally I think it's driven by $$$ and I'm OK with that. I guess I buy into the 'book Hammond would sell anything' story. Both uni and InGen are for-profit enterprises.

The City Walk games were 3rd party. Universal leased the space same as they do the carts. That being said I'm pretty sure the games have been gone since the city walk waterfront refresh.

Secondly, complaining about the games is like complaining there are to many stores, it's a fact of a theme park and it's not going to change. It's where the park makes it's profit, and without that wouldn't be open.

The parking, express, and ticket money cover most of but not all of the expenses of running a major resort. Gotta remember none of the bills are cheap: Labor (front line, support, and executive), marketing, power, water, maintenance, expansion.

It's like HHN, I would love if they would stop selling alcohol. Hollywood does a great event that is dry, and the scares are so much better because the scareactors aren't constantly in fear of getting punched by a drunk. But HHN startup (cost of paying the HHN team all year, buying the IP, design and construction) as well as the costs to run (power, staffing, OPD support) it's the alcohol and merchandise that make it profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.