Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they do manage to find a way to integrate these games into the area without ruining the whole Jurassic Park-type atmosphere (which pretty much makes it stand out against the rest of the entire resort IMO), then it may actually be a nice contribution; hopefully it won't make it look as tacky as the dreaded stretch between MSHI and TL...

Yup, all gone. I'd post photos but this site only seems to play nice with photobucket (???) and I'm strictly Picassa. Also, I guess I'm forbidden from linking to posts on my blog now, so "no pics for you!" :)

I thought that person's link was removed because they hadn't reached the number of posts that allows links.... am I wrong?

Do the existing games even get played very often? I average about 2-3 trips a week to Universal and I hardly ever see them being played. Maybe I just was not paying attention, I will take notice every time I go now. IMHO the games in the Simpsons make perfect sense, it adds to the theme-ing, but the others not so much.

Links to personal websites are not allowed. Not photos.

Gotcha. Never really read up on that since I don't have a personal website. I guess I see so many links out there from so many people I never realized that. Thanks for the clarification.

A little off topic, but if these games are indeed replacing the ones in Lost Continent, what's going to become of that area in LC where those games currently stand? I'd love to see LC get some much-deserved improvements.

A little off topic, but if these games are indeed replacing the ones in Lost Continent, what's going to become of that area in LC where those games currently stand? I'd love to see LC get some much-deserved improvements.

Agreed. LC either needs to get improvements or just totally re-done, because I hate it in it's current state. I really wish they didn't bring DD into Potterland.

The way I see it, games are always a solution to bring kinetic energy to a dull space. We forget that when you're at Universal your senses are constantly being stimulated. Think of the games not being where they are in Toon. There would just be a long walkway next to an abandoned theatre.

My guess is the games are going up now to keep the kinetic energy going when other walls start going up. Games take up little space and if Jurassic Park is getting the major overhaul we've been hearing, there's going to be a lot of walking inbetween walls. Especially when River Adventure goes down for a rehaul.

On a side note how awesome would it be if universal used its Screen Play technology to have VR Dino exhibits all along the walls.

Slightly OT, but can someone direct me to this site's written policy regarding links? I'm confused why we can link to Orlando Informer's personal site but not mine...

My interpretation of the rule is I (or any other member) can link to you or OI but you (or OI) can't without permission.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?3-Guidelines

It is against forum policy to share links to websites that you operate, or are otherwise affiliated with; without the consent of Orlando United and it's Staff. Posting any links will result in an immediate deletion of the post. Repeat offenders may be subjected to a forum ban.

Finally figured out how to post with picassa on my ipad! Here are some shots of the future games location:
IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG

Reactions: Felipe
The way I see it, games are always a solution to bring kinetic energy to a dull space. We forget that when you're at Universal your senses are constantly being stimulated. Think of the games not being where they are in Toon. There would just be a long walkway next to an abandoned theatre.

My guess is the games are going up now to keep the kinetic energy going when other walls start going up. Games take up little space and if Jurassic Park is getting the major overhaul we've been hearing, there's going to be a lot of walking inbetween walls. Especially when River Adventure goes down for a rehaul.

On a side note how awesome would it be if universal used its Screen Play technology to have VR Dino exhibits all along the walls.

Bingo! :thumbs:

I'm sure a show and a dark ride would fill that void infinitely better in Toon Lagoon than sleazy carnival games no one uses. Add in a flat ride and it's not even close to a dead zone anymore!

That's my problem - why cheap out on filler attractions? Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, and Hall of Presidents are the kinds of smaller shows/attractions Universal needs to fill in the smaller spaces of the parks.

I'm sure a show and a dark ride would fill that void infinitely better in Toon Lagoon than sleazy carnival games no one uses. Add in a flat ride and it's not even close to a dead zone anymore!

That's my problem - why cheap out on filler attractions? Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, and Hall of Presidents are the kinds of smaller shows/attractions Universal needs to fill in the smaller spaces of the parks.

You have to factor in operation cost as well. Attractions cost A LOT of money to operate. Think of the electricity needed to pump all of the water that flows through Popeye, or the power needed to launch the Hulk every thirty seconds all day. Contrary to popular belief, theme parks don't make that much money. What money they do make is because of the profit margin on food and merchandise. The profit of these games in this small area is a lot higher with almost zero operation cost, and minimum wage labour than an energy sucking ride that makes no profit and doesn't really draw crowds to the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.