Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love something like this:
treetopgazers.jpg

from http://www.masraniglobal.com/img/treetopgazers.jpg

They did something like it for the Jurassic Park Institute Tour (skip to 7:30):
[video=youtube;K3jk3414A1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3jk3414A1s?t=7m39s[/video]

^ But that tour was dreadful. Hard neck stops and bounces. To do that right would require the tech of TE x 15 Dinos and yet better. Prohibitive.

This raptor show/encounter/meet-and-great/whatever seems like a good step in the right direction, but if we're not to expect any additional rides in Jurassic Park (given the relative lack of space), I think the land - at the very least - could do with some more dinosaur exhibits scattered throughout it. Whether those take the form of experiences along the lines of this raptor puppet thing that's coming, or more along the lines of the old trike encounter, OR mini fenced-in paddocks that guests could stop and walk by at their leisure, the land could use more dinos, and it would be a decent compromise short of building another ride (which would be the preference in an ideal world).

I just want them to build the Mr. DNA Carousel of Progress-type ride from the first movie.

The motorcycle would make a great photo-op like Hagrid/Serius Black's bike in Diagon Alley. Straddling the bike with Raptors behind you would be epic.

I have meant to reply to your post. I had thought of this too, but I got all serious about it and began estimating for a true tangible photo-op including scuptures. I figured $200-300k. I sent it on to pals in the biz and they estimated that it would be $300-$500k if each dino was unique, which is the point in JW.

Isn't it amazing how much it costs to create movie and theme park perfection?

I know people hate SGE at Mk but would a dinosaur themed alien encounter type attraction work? Could go in the discovery centre?

It's weird how everybody desperately wants a new JP ride even though the only story they could possibly use is the same one in JPA

Yeh, I don't see them going better on that. Sure it can use an update but ride and story wise it's just perfect.
Themed dining would be something I'd like to see. A underwater viewing dining location with huge screens where the Mosasaurus swims by or bumps into the glass. Combine it with real fish tanks and the thumping effect to see your drink ripple and I book a lunch or diner there.

Yeh, I don't see them going better on that. Sure it can use an update but ride and story wise it's just perfect.
Themed dining would be something I'd like to see. A underwater viewing dining location with huge screens where the Mosasaurus swims by or bumps into the glass. Combine it with real fish tanks and the thumping effect to see your drink ripple and I book a lunch or diner there.

That would be cool...almost like a gigantic screen with the projection effect used on HE

I did an overlay of the image Teebin posted a few pages back of where the show will be, over the outline of the site he just posted.
The yellow line (Backstage I believe?) was moved to follow the path, as they seemed to line up pretty well.

Jurassic_PROverlay4.png

Dunno if this provides any new information or anything like that, but thought it would be an interesting visual.

Reactions: Skubersky
Wow, Thanks Teebin. This seems like a rather large chunk of land that could be used for something way more exciting. I feel like Jurassic Park is so underdeveloped. It's all trees, we need "weenies." I don't even think you can count the Discovery Center as a weenie or even relevant these days. Does anyone go downstairs? Do guests even know there is anything down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.