Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 708 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main issue is the nets, which look extremely ugly.
Yeah I hate theme park purism. A net has never ruined my day at a theme park or detracted in anyway from theming at all. I think some people just need to get over the fact that safety equipment like nets, exit signs ,and yes even fall protection on the roofs of buildings can all be seen in every theme park. It's not EXTREMELY ugly. It's just there.

There are still going to be guest areas in front of the Discovery Center, so depending on the exact trajectory of the ride in those spots, we'll have to see if it's crossing directly over any of that. You'd think Universal would want to minimize that as much as humanly possible.
Based on the layout, I think everything to the left of the fountain should be okay (Alicia's layout drawings make it seem like the tophat mostly goes over the extended queue). The area where nets would likely have to be placed to the right of the fountain and over the bridge. So ultimately, nowhere near as extensive as Flying Dinosaur's nets but probably a little more coverage than Hulk. If there's really an issue with it thematically, they can always justify it as pteranodon containment.

Reactions: lowbudget
Who's to say they can't work nets as part of the theming?
Yeah I hate theme park purism. A net has never ruined my day at a theme park or detracted in anyway from theming at all. I think some people just need to get over the fact that safety equipment like nets, exit signs ,and yes even fall protection on the roofs of buildings can all be seen in every theme park. It's not EXTREMELY ugly. It's just there.

A net in and of itself is not a negative or a positive thing.

A net in front of this view? Not something I'd be a fan of.
P1020325.JPG

A net in and of itself is not a negative or a positive thing.

A net in front of this view? Not something I'd be a fan of.
P1020325.JPG

The thing about a net is that it's highly transparent. Especially from that distance.

If there was a real dino park and they had flying dino's I would expect nets to be around because one of their droppings could kill you instantly.

20170715-ghostbusters-marshmallow-peck.gif

That and you know, eating people.

I guess it depends on the park but at Carowinds, the latest two coasters do not have nets over any of their paths. And we are talking about flying over guest at 80+mph and being very close to the grown over the paths. ALso, Rockit doesn't have nets over the paths it goes over, most notably the firehouse burst through.

I personally think that bright EXIT signs and huge nets do detract from the overall experience for some people. My eye somehow always falls on those signs when I ride a dark ride. That said, I know they are needed. Also, the nets below Manta are not pleasant to look at.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I personally think that bright EXIT signs and huge nets do detract from the overall experience for some people. My eye somehow always falls on those signs when I ride a dark ride. That said, I know they are needed. Also, the nets below Manta are not pleasant to look at.
There will certainly be nets over the extended bridge...I think haha

Otherwise I can't see where else they would be

I think Kumba has the best example of a theme park net tbh (since you all asked)

It essentially functions as a sun shade

They also have one on the bridge by the cobra roll

Reactions: JoeCamel
If the top hat is expected to be about 170ft, I could see at least 75mph to clear it but with Iron Gwazi expected to be 76mph and Mako is 73mph, I wouldn't be surprised if Universal have made a push for 77mph+ to claim the fastest coaster in Florida title.

Reactions: shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.