Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 786 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there is a "rule" or something that should prevent from themed elements covering part of a ride system (like the pillar in this photo) due to safety and maintenance?
EfvdcXjXoAMdDAb

Coaster track vibrates and moves more than you'd think. You could probably cover a support like that but I wouldn't connect it to the rock work. You don't want a giant vibrating rock every time a train passes through.

The coaster and mountain are two separate pieces in Everest.

Coaster track vibrates and moves more than you'd think. You could probably cover a support like that but I wouldn't connect it to the rock work. You don't want a giant vibrating rock every time a train passes through.

The coaster and mountain are two separate pieces in Everest.

They made a big deal out it when building Everest at AK, saying that at no point does the mountain actually touch the track supports. If it did then the concrete rockwork would crack and crumble over time.

Reactions: tielo
So what we see in the photo will be rearranged so they won't tough. that makes sense.
I'm still amazed how complex the composition of track and rock-work is in this particular ride. Looking forward to the end result.

Reactions: mainejeff
So what we see in the photo will be rearranged so they won't tough. that makes sense.
I'm still amazed how complex the composition of track and rock-work is in this particular ride. Looking forward to the end result.

I expect that the zoom photo creates the illusion that it is touching when it is actually not.

Reactions: tielo
Seems awfully bulky for electric fencing...
latest
These are raptors. They’ve learned their lessons since then. Also, this area specifically may have a fake gate across from Raptor Encounter. Makes it look like it’s for transferring raptors between exhibit and paddock.

Just like the new raptor encounter, these fences will be BEEFY.

I think I know what those are
I think they may have concrete like that along the lower parts, but there should be some electric fencing for the top half. I hope.

What exactly am I looking at? Is that an electric fence going up around the coaster as part of the theme? Is it some sort of raptor transport cage? Are they supposed to be tying this into the Raptor Encounter?

What exactly am I looking at? Is that an electric fence going up around the coaster as part of the theme? Is it some sort of raptor transport cage? Are they supposed to be tying this into the Raptor Encounter?
It’s going to be a paddock enclosure walls with electric fences along the top. There may be a fake gate across from the raptor encounter, to bring the theming together yes. But not actually tied to it for any real reason. Just to look neat I guess.

Reactions: Bulldog45
Status
Not open for further replies.