Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 840 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how Intamin does it but trains are definitely capable of being put on and taken off of any track section in case of a valley.

Oh, it was a week earlier than I remember, but yes, that's the train being brought on. It sat in the tunnel for a few weeks, and a few days ago they took the white plastic off so we had a clue they might be preparing to do some sort of test.

So they can just lift a train and place it on any section of track? I dunno, modern coasters use a 3 point fixed wheel system that locks to the track. Unless they are detaching the bottom wheels I don't know how that can be done.

It's not easy but it can happen. Gatekeeper's trains were partially disassembled after it vallied once due to a strong gust of wind.

Reactions: shiekra38
It's not easy but it can happen. Gatekeeper's trains were partially disassembled after it vallied once due to a strong gust of wind.

I'm surprised that there isn't a powered car that can pull the train to the next block and then let gravity do it's thing.

It is possible to remove/add cars from the track using a crane that involves partial disassembly of the wheel assembly's while supporting the weight with the crane. Though doing this outside of the maintenance area only really happens in testing/valleying due to the cost of a crane hire.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Status
Not open for further replies.