Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 847 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unloading, loading, and restraint checks take longer than 42 seconds on average and you never gain ground if you do manage to turn a train faster than 42 seconds in the station. 1600-1700 would be good.
Will this have continuous loading conveyor belts? That would increase dispatich times and capacity.

Maverick has three car trains and Velocicoaster has six car trains. That's twice as many people on the ride with each train. Only reasons it could have consistently the longest wait is Intamin unreliability, or sheer popularity.

I'm not so sure about 42 second dispatches, but this will be one of the easier trains to load. The seats are wide open, and the lap bar conforms to many body shapes so there won't be anything like we see over at Hagride. I think it's feasible to dispatch every 60 seconds, but don't ask me to do that PPH math. :lol:

I was waiting for someone to fall into my trap. Maverick loads the same amount of people per dispatch that velocicoaster will. This is entirely a math problem about dispatches, and Intamin is notorious for over promising capacity. Only benefit I can see that JP will have over other examples is that the seats sit higher meaning not a lot of bending over for the ride ops.

Maverick has three car trains and Velocicoaster has six car trains. That's twice as many people on the ride with each train. Only reasons it could have consistently the longest wait is Intamin unreliability, or sheer popularity.

I'm not so sure about 42 second dispatches, but this will be one of the easier trains to load. The seats are wide open, and the lap bar conforms to many body shapes so there won't be anything like we see over at Hagride. I think it's feasible to dispatch every 60 seconds, but don't ask me to do that PPH math. :lol:

I'll do the math.
If they can dispatch every 60 seconds = 1,440 riders per hour.
Drop it down to 50 seconds, increases to 1,728. Increase to 70 seconds, 1,234 per hour.

Each section of track (1st launch to 2nd launch, and 2nd launch to brakes), should take less than 60 seconds to pass.

I was waiting for someone to fall into my trap. Maverick loads the same amount of people per dispatch that velocicoaster will. This is entirely a math problem about dispatches, and Intamin is notorious for over promising capacity. Only benefit I can see that JP will have over other examples is that the seats sit higher meaning not a lot of bending over for the ride ops.
How many vehicles can Maverick run on the entire course at any point in time? Maverick has a dual load, but it's not launching both trains at once.

The second train that Maverick loads has to sit and wait for the block section to clear, whereas Velocicoaster's longboi trains are the equivalent of sending both Maverick dispatches at once. If they both can run say four trains at once, that is a pretty clear edge for Velocicoaster.

It's funny though. I remember months ago speculating about foliage and thematic elements... and now that it's being installed, it's almost like we either guessed really well, or they read the forums.
Foliage is integrated from the start and also kost a lot of money. This was the plan all along as it is always. But it's looking beautiful, gives shade and cools guests, Disney take notice please.

Restoring some of the "jungle" of Jurassic Park/World was a necessity. Even when the park opened in 1999, the jungle of Jurassic was an integral part of the theming of the land (in fact pretty much the bulk of the theming), and it worked very effectively to convey the idea of dinosaurs lurking just out of view of the pathways with sound effects.

Obviously would never happen, but Ospreys' come back to their nests. If Universal made just a tiny ledge with food and cover to entice the birds near them, it would be really cute. Not sure about the noise pollution for the birds tho.

Reactions: alias8703
How many vehicles can Maverick run on the entire course at any point in time? Maverick has a dual load, but it's not launching both trains at once.

The second train that Maverick loads has to sit and wait for the block section to clear, whereas Velocicoaster's longboi trains are the equivalent of sending both Maverick dispatches at once. If they both can run say four trains at once, that is a pretty clear edge for Velocicoaster.

ElToroRyan, who has a fixation on trim brakes, has a great video on Maverick. I quoted from him that Maverick's actual PPH is closer to 900 people per hour. It is caused by having shorter trains and the number of blocking sections on the coaster. They are limited on dispatch times to a max number, based upon the blocks and how quickly (time, not speed) the trains pass through them. Hagrid's is able to achieve higher PPH through the number of block sections and the trains carry a decent number of people per train. Hagrids also has a long load/unload section. For Velociraptor, the main blocking section is probably where the second launch is and then the coaster has what appears to be an elongated braking run. Other more knowledgeable people probably know more about this than I do.

Seriously, if you watch a few of Ryan's videos, you'll see how much he focuses on trim brakes and blocking sections. It almost seems like it's a video about brake runs and not the actual coaster.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
An Additional thing to point out here is that Vcoaster will have a show scene prior to the first launch which can do one of two things. It’s it’s a true show scene that every ride will stop at then it’s going to bog down the ride in the instance that we have slow loading. If it acts more like a block where trains could potentially sit there for 1 second or 25 seconds then it could help buffer those variances in dispatch times.

My guess is that a new train won’t launch into the ride until a previous train has either cleared the top hat or entered the final brake run. I don’t think the second launch is going to serve as a clearing block.

Status
Not open for further replies.