Jurassic World | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sam Neill saying Jurassic Park is done. From Shocktilyoudrop.com

In this day and age where Hollywood is reliant more than ever on remakes and reboots you can never say never. But one man, Sam Neill, thinks the Jurassic Park series has run its course.

In talking with MTV, the actor - who played Alan Grant in the series - said, "I think we've told the story. I think it's done," he said, "Stan Winston who made those beautiful dinosaurs died. So, no Stan, no 'Jurassic Park' really...[and author Michael] Crichton died too."

This isn't the first time someone has referred to Crichton's death is a telling sign the series should not move on. Producers Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy said the same thing in 2008.

That hasn't stopped the rumors of a fourth entry from carrying on...

I would still really like to see a total reboot, just one more than took a little turn towards a darker side.

People need to get over the fact their will never be another Jurrassic Park. If they do make another one, all the movie will do is slap Steven Spilburg, Michael Crichton, and the best AA maker ever Stan Winston right across the face. Just like the new Nightmare on Elm Street did to Robert and Wes.

They can say it's done all they want, but the fact remains that there are, in fact, still dinosaurs somewhere on an island in the Pacific. The 3rd movie did nothing to bring closure to that.

I say, bring it!

Reactions: MechaTeddy417
They can say it's done all they want, but the fact remains that there are, in fact, still dinosaurs somewhere on an island in the Pacific. The 3rd movie did nothing to bring closure to that.

I say, bring it!
I couldn't agree with you even more! The main reason why I want JP4 to happen is to just find a way to permanently conclude the franchise by someway somehow getting rid of those dinos.

Last edited:
Why? I agree the franchise needs a conclusion of some sorts, but killing all of the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna would be terrible.

If they make another movie, there really is no conclusion other than that. The whole "let them be free" has already been done 2 times. Plus, I think it would draw some interesting parallels with the first movie about "playing god". Whereas the first movie created life, we have this one trying to take away life. I would say have a team sent in to kill the dinos, and animal rights activist hiring mercenaries, but that would resemble Lost World's storyline a tad too much.

We don't need a dang remake already. The first movie is a great one and it is not even 30 years old yet. The sequels although not really that good are even more recent than that. There is not much that dates the story.

We don't need a dang remake already. The first movie is a great one and it is not even 30 years old yet. The sequels although not really that good are even more recent than that. There is not much that dates the story.
:iagree: Would it be cool? Yes. Better than a sequel? Probably. But it's just not necessary. Let the franchise go, it's lived a long and happy life!

Some news

Universal Pictures and producer-director Steven Spielberg are exploring the idea of rebooting their hugely successful Jurassic Park franchise, and have brought in screenwriter Mark Protosevich (Thor, I Am Legend) to kick around some ideas.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spielberg has "met twice with Protosevich to fashion a story for a potential fourth film in the franchise. Both Universal, which released the trilogy, and Spielberg's camp stress that no one has been engaged to write a script and that the discussions have been purely exploratory. But the idea is kind of a no-brainer."

Jurassic Park IV has been lingering in development hell for 10 years now, with numerous people attached to it over time including John Sayles, whose draft reportedly followed genetically engineered dino-commandos. Yep, you read that right.

A reboot or a sequel? Maybe a pre-quel. When I hear reboot, I think of tossing out the originals and starting over. If the movie is Jurassic Park 4, then it clearly isn't a reboot, just a continuation of the current story.