Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Justice League (2017/2021)

Snyder has said time and time again he has intended for Superman to be hopeful and full of pride by the end of his arc/ Justice League.

Thinking about it, it really is amazing that this is actually happening. Like, the whole #ReleaseTheSnyderCut stuff seemed like it turned into a meme at a certain point and people were just using it as a punchline. So to see that it's come out is truly amazing.

One thing I do want to say thought is let's remember that, similar to Ron Howard with Solo, it's not Joss Whedon's fault this movie sucked. It's on Warner Brothers. They had disagreements with Snyder and after he left they brought Joss on MARCH 22, 2017. That's about 7.5 months before release. If they absolutely had to switch directors, then whatever, but this movie should've NEVER been released in November 2017. It should've gotten pushed to 2018 to actually give Whedon reasonable time to put something together. I mean honestly, when you think about that tight timeline, the fact that the movie even got released is amazing.

Last edited:
I disagree. That piece reads like the author projecting some serious sour grapes.

There's nothing "dangerous" about a studio deciding to push ahead with content for which there's a clear audience, especially as part of the initial year of a new streaming service that needs headline-grabbing offerings to help establish itself.

(They're also kinda right.)
?? The article only serves to insult Snyder. "Snyder agreed to provide something and didn't follow through". As if he provoked the death of his daughter, nonetheless actually had the mindset to want to continue immediately afterward. Warner Bros. saw it as their segue and it backfired in their faces. What a P.O.S. article.

The article may not be the best defense, but them releasing the Snyder Cut does offer some validation to those toxic chunks of the fandom which I feel is accurate. There are valid reasons for this to be re-released, especially the director's personal tragedy interfering with him finishing his movie - but those groups of fans won't see it that way. They'll see it as "we won".

I guess this is the first I'm hearing of there being any significant problem with a "toxic fanbase" surrounding this film.

Vocally expressing an opinion (even in-artfully or crassly) does not automatically make one "toxic."

I guess this is the first I'm hearing of there being any significant problem with a "toxic fanbase" surrounding this film.

Vocally expressing an opinion (even in-artfully or crassly) does not automatically make one "toxic."

Where've you been? :lol:

And yes, but that's not what we're talking about here. Since most of the cast and crew were supportive of the Snyder Cut, we didn't see something like Last Jedi/Rose though. Admittedly, even the other side got pretty bad at certain points.

Honestly, I really had thought that the Snyder Cut thing had turned into a punchline and it was just sort of a running joke at a certain point, which is why I thought the actors were tweeting it.

Twitter is an extremely toxic place and most people are happier without it. Look at what the toxicity around TLJ did to the SW fan base. This may be a dangerous precedent, but I think the real problem is Twitter, which is an unstoppable force, because it allows "Joe Basement" to have a direct line of contact with Zack Snyder or any celebrity. And sometimes they respond! This direct line of contact is what is dangerous because it makes Joe Basement think he has power/control.

There are valid reasons for this to be re-released

There's precisely one reason for this to be re-released. To make money. Same as the various re-cut versions we've seen of of Highlander II, Dune, Blade Runner, Star Wars O.T. ... This is nothing new for a genre film.

First I'm hearing of the film having any sort of fanbase as well. This isn't colorizing Casablanca.

They aren't a fan of the released film, they're a fan of the idea of the Snyder Cut.

Exactly, plus the concept that DECU is the way comic movies should be and that, somehow, Disney is bribing reviewers (or in JL’s case, causing Snyder’s daughter to commit suicide so he removes himself from the movie) to promote Marvel.