KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the drawings are a diversion, they are going to pimp up the Fast and the Furious attraction with a new meet and greet.

I'm not a fan of the Diesel, but if I can buy a Corona from him, I'm down.

• Haha
Reactions: tielo
I hope this isn’t a replacement for the Mr. Ping puppet, which is much cooler. Fewer screens, Uni… fewer screens.

(It’s also worth noting that Turtle Talk didn’t take up the best expansion pad in the park).

I would guess the puppet is not coming. Hoping that means Donkey, (and ideally the Hollywood version) would still be returning.

It’s also worth noting there are other things coming to this expansion pad

I hope this isn’t a replacement for the Mr. Ping puppet, which is much cooler. Fewer screens, Uni… fewer screens.

(It’s also worth noting that Turtle Talk didn’t take up the best expansion pad in the park).

I don't think this is a bad implementation of screens. Especially, if it allows for more interactive moments with guests outside of the traditional posing for the photo and being told to scram.

I don't know, that Mr. Ping booth with the puppet looks like pretty much the ideal version of this sort of "briefly interact with a non-humanoid character" set-up. It would be nice if something of that level of quality and effectiveness was part of the meet-and-greet/interact components of this revamped area.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
I don't know, that Mr. Ping booth with the puppet looks like pretty much the ideal version of this sort of "briefly interact with a non-humanoid character" set-up. It would be nice if something of that level of quality and effectiveness was part of the meet-and-greet/interact components of this revamped area.
In my personal and very subjective hierarchy, AAs top puppets but puppets top screens. You can push noodles out a little door next to a puppet just as easily as you can next to a screen. Plus Mr. Ping is by far my favorite Dreamworks character, so I’m biased in favor of that particular puppet anyway.

Reactions: belloq87
In my personal and very subjective hierarchy, AAs top puppets but puppets top screens. You can push noodles out a little door next to a puppet just as easily as you can next to a screen. Plus Mr. Ping is by far my favorite Dreamworks character, so I’m biased in favor of that particular puppet anyway.

With the big caveat that I am clearly not in Universal's desired audience for anything happening in this revamp, I'd much rather see an actual figure (of some kind) in actual space.

I know everyone is shocked that I would say such a thing!

I’m old enough to remember when people were down on AAs because they replaced real actors.
giphy.gif

I mean, what if there is a Mr. Ping puppet and Po animated interactive screen?

Best of both worlds and a smart combination of elements. Mr. Ping is not a particularly mobile character to begin with and works well as a puppet. Po ideally features a lot of motion, so if he was able to appear on a screen and do kung fu action that would not be possible with a puppet or animatronic... you've got a memorable meet-and-greet interaction/mini show.

Status
Not open for further replies.