KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the construction walls featuring nearly every Dreamworks franchise instead of just the 3 that are expected I’ve changed at least some of my expectations for the land:

1. Shrek play area (splashpad?) replacing Feivel or Curious George, meet and greet area(s) adjacent with nice theming
2. Kung Fu Panda play area replacing whatever Shrek doesn’t, also has themed meet and greet space
3. Trolls retheme of Nuthouse Coaster, and again meet and greet space
4. Barney theater becomes Dreamworks Destination type show featuring characters from many franchises, post-show features several less themed meet and greet areas that can accommodate a large range of characters
5. Maybe a few food/souvenir stands sprinkled throughout?
6. Maybe interactive elements (like SNW lite?)
This seems like very realistic outcome to me.

With the construction walls featuring nearly every Dreamworks franchise instead of just the 3 that are expected I’ve changed at least some of my expectations for the land:

1. Shrek play area (splashpad?) replacing Feivel or Curious George, meet and greet area(s) adjacent with nice theming
2. Kung Fu Panda play area replacing whatever Shrek doesn’t, also has themed meet and greet space
3. Trolls retheme of Nuthouse Coaster, and again meet and greet space
4. Barney theater becomes Dreamworks Destination type show featuring characters from many franchises, post-show features several less themed meet and greet areas that can accommodate a large range of characters
5. Maybe a few food/souvenir stands sprinkled throughout?
6. Maybe interactive elements (like SNW lite?)
Hopefully DW expands into Springfield once the Simpsons expires. I would love to see a ride with either Shrek or even a dark ride featuring an Avengers style team up with all major DWA franchises.

Hopefully DW expands into Springfield once the Simpsons expires. I would love to see a ride with either Shrek or even a dark ride featuring an Avengers style team up with all major DWA franchises.
That’s A LOT of real estate, way more than is necessary for a kids land.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Yeah...hopefully they cut down all the trees...just can't get enough of the Florida sun and heat!
Yeah I meant just.. ya know.. during construction lol.

I can definitely see them incorporating interactivity into this, even in the way that If I Ran the Zoo and Camp Jurassic do. I love both of them - CJ is clearly better, but If I Ran the Zoo is a blast and I never see anyone mention it.

Yeah I meant just.. ya know.. during construction lol.

I can definitely see them incorporating interactivity into this, even in the way that If I Ran the Zoo and Camp Jurassic do. I love both of them - CJ is clearly better, but If I Ran the Zoo is a blast and I never see anyone mention it.
If I ran the Zoo is so low to the ground, people literally overlook it.

DreamWorks characters have been added to the construction walls that surround the former Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone, potentially teasing the area's future.

In a bit of housekeeping info, when something is formally announced for the area - we'll close this thread and create a new one.

DreamWorks characters have been added to the construction walls that surround the former Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone, potentially teasing the area's future.

In a bit of housekeeping info, when something is formally announced for the area - we'll close this thread and create a new one.
The Future of KidZone Trilogy!

An 11 year old thread. Will you have an official closing ceremony or just let it slide into the past? I didn't know if you would ask everyone to contribute as to what this thread meant to them before closing, since it was so old.

Reactions: Tyr12
The new Puss in Boots is one of the best animated films I've seen in recent memory. I'm a grown adult and it's right up there with classic era Pixar films with how flawless the story, animation, character, plot, action, heart, mystery and humor all collide into a glorious explosions of perfection. Promoting Chris Meledanrdri to also oversea the new Dreamworks pipeline under Universal was an incredibly smart move it seems as a good portion of the production (and most of the polish that we see in Puss in Boots 2) occurred post-Universal acquisition.

Just saying now, if they ever add a dark ride expansion, forget about Trolls.
Have it set in the Dark Forest, that whole thing just writes itself for a dark ride.

Agreed. A Symbolica / Mystic Manor style ride with the bulk of the environmental design and conflict coming from this setting. Make it happen Universal! The film has had some of the best box office legs of the past few years. It opened modestly (less than half of Sing 2's opening weekend) and yet after over 4 weeks of release it's drops are so tiny that it will overtake Sing 2 at the same point in its run soon. It's a word-of-mouth box office beast with insane merchandise potential that is directly tied to another legacy franchise. Save the space at the back of the former Kidzone for an elaborate Puss in Boots dark ride there in 2026!

Last edited:
Shrek can have his own land, and Puss can have their own as well.

I think if they ever get a 4th theme park built these IP’s will be heavily included. Or I pray at least.

Also… would anyone hate if they just turned Animal Actors into Dreamworks theatre? Have the Castle Facade from Singapore to spruce it up a bit. 4-D theatres are still a good idea for the parks for all ages attractions.

I think the reason why they passed on DWT for USF is they would rather to more substantial dark rides. It also seems they are people out there who think 4D theaters are a dying breed of attractions and is no longer a unique experience when movie theaters across the country are adding things like effects and motion seats and will point to things like Shrek being replaced with a moving walkthrough (Villain Con Minion Blast) and Tough to be a Bug at DCA being replaced with a dark ride (Web Slingers)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.