KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Woodpecker's KidZone has permanently closed at Universal Studios Florida, with construction walls now set up.

Last edited:
KidZone was definitely past its prime, but if all this amounts to is a glorified retheme, I don’t see what’s worth celebrating.
Not sure what glorified retheme means, but it sounds like we're getting a complete demo and redo (minus Woody, which will in fact be rethemed)

The weakest area of the park getting something engaging is definitely exciting

I think one of the things that always bugged me about KidZone, as it was, was how nondescript it generally was. Barney was a, basically, themed as a generic park. Curious Georgia was themed as a generic city block. Woody was barely themed. The Fievel area was well themed, but was a third of what it use to be. It wasn’t so much that KidZone was “dated” as it was visually dull.

The new IPs they’re bringing in do not allow that. They’re IPs that HAVE to have more visual dynamics than what came before because they IPs that, by their very nature, are more dynamic. If the entire area returns to something visually on par with what Fievel was, it will be a drastic improvement to the vibe of that area.

With the construction walls featuring nearly every Dreamworks franchise instead of just the 3 that are expected I’ve changed at least some of my expectations for the land:

1. Shrek play area (splashpad?) replacing Feivel or Curious George, meet and greet area(s) adjacent with nice theming
2. Kung Fu Panda play area replacing whatever Shrek doesn’t, also has themed meet and greet space
3. Trolls retheme of Nuthouse Coaster, and again meet and greet space
4. Barney theater becomes Dreamworks Destination type show featuring characters from many franchises, post-show features several less themed meet and greet areas that can accommodate a large range of characters
5. Maybe a few food/souvenir stands sprinkled throughout?
6. Maybe interactive elements (like SNW lite?)

Status
Not open for further replies.