KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason Is see this being a bit more substantial is that The Simpsons will be going away eventually.....that makes this Dreamworks project even more important....especially down the road.

The way I see this playing out:

2024 - Dreamworks Village opens with 2 flats, re-themed coaster, play area, M&Gs and new show.

2027 - Expansion #1 - Dreamworks dark ride or boat ride opens themed to Shrek or Trolls.

2029 - Expansion #2 - Dreamworks takes over Springfield with new dark ride or simulator and spinner rethemed to Kung Fu Panda.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
This DreamWorks destinations show, which looks like it should be at six flags, had a big sendoff with confetti and fanfare

Meanwhile Barney, which occupied the space for nearly 25 years and was probably a multi million dollar show to produce, didn’t even get a final show

Anyway, unless this thing opens back up tomorrow, it appears that the curse can finally be laid to rest.

Another reason Is see this being a bit more substantial is that The Simpsons will be going away eventually.....that makes this Dreamworks project even more important....especially down the road.

The way I see this playing out:

2024 - Dreamworks Village opens with 2 flats, re-themed coaster, play area, M&Gs and new show.

2027 - Expansion #1 - Dreamworks dark ride or boat ride opens themed to Shrek or Trolls.

2029 - Expansion #2 - Dreamworks takes over Springfield with new dark ride or simulator and spinner rethemed to Kung Fu Panda.
If they did a Trolls or Shrek ride I would prefer if they did something different than a SLOP style Omnimover Maybe something Like Midway Mania. But I think a MM style ride would lend it's self to Shrek more than Trolls. As for the type of ride that would take over The Simpsons based on the space of the plot I could see them using the stacked dark ride patent. As for the IP that is an open question as there could be a whole new popular DW IP they might want to use that is not KFP, Trolls, Madagascar, etc.

Reactions: mainejeff
If they did a Trolls or Shrek ride I would prefer if they did something different than a SLOP style Omnimover Maybe something Like Midway Mania. But I think a MM style ride would lend it's self to Shrek more than Trolls. As for the type of ride that would take over The Simpsons based on the space of the plot I could see them using the stacked dark ride patent. As for the IP that is an open question as there could be a whole new popular DW IP they might want to use that is not KFP, Trolls, Madagascar, etc.
I think Midway Mania type rides are little overdone now. Omnimovers are actually really nice and provide a little relief for visitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.