KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is easy to forget how much space is needed for TM/backstage stuff, or even for maintenance bays etc. I think in the past they did not give stuff like that a lot of thought, so older attractions don't have that much of a TM breakroom, but newer attractions often do. You also need a lot of backstage roads and walkways, as well as access for emergency personnel. Dinning places too, a lot of them have to serve TMs as well, so that requires extra space too. Then there is storage for both merchandise and food and beverage. Hangars for all sorts of stuff. Wardrobe, which is huge; and a wide variety of TM services. Back of house is really complex, and can be quite bewildering to say the least lol.
SNW plans have a lot of merch storage in multiple locations... and rightly so lol

Does anyone see anything in the Texas park concept art that could make its way into the KidZone project?
My immediate thought was a lot of the design looked like things we could expect in KZ (minus Camp Cretaceous). If I had to guess, Shrek and Trolls lands are probably things we should be looking at. Also, the cloud entrance would be cool to see adapted here.

General area design concepts seem possible (or even likely) to be shared; potentially these areas were being developed at the same time by some of the same folks.

We've been told by those in the know around here to not expect any attractions of significant scope/scale in KidZone, so if some of those showbuildings in the Texas concept art are for substantial rides, those would not appear to be destined for KidZone (any time soon).

General area design concepts seem possible (or even likely) to be shared; potentially these areas were being developed at the same time by some of the same folks.

We've been told by those in the know around here to not expect any attractions of significant scope/scale in KidZone, so if some of those showbuildings in the Texas concept art are for substantial rides, those would not appear to be destined for KidZone (any time soon).
I'm curious if they are in fact 'dark rides' and not restaurants/shops/indoor queues/restrooms...etc

I'm curious if they are in fact 'dark rides' and not restaurants/shops/indoor queues/restrooms...etc

Or potentially elaborately-themed meet and greets. Stuff on the Princess Fairytale Hall/Enchanted Tales with Belle level.

I think all of that is possible, but I would also expect at least one semi-significant indoor ride to be in the Texas park on opening day.

Or the concept art, just like the concept art for Epic Universe, gives us a tast about the concept but the rest is pure place holder stuff.
In this case, I think the concept art is darned close to what we get. Clean up the DreamWorks logo over the entrance and done. This concept art is very specific down to the specific Flats.

Looks like Universal has a deal with Zamperla for a large Flats package (with possibly lots more pending the success of this concept).

In this case, I think the concept art is darned close to what we get. Clean up the DreamWorks logo over the entrance and done. This concept art is very specific down to the specific Flats.

Looks like Universal has a deal with Zamperla for a large Flats package (with possibly lots more pending the success of this concept).
Hopefully this means at least one new flat ride will make its way to the new Dreamworks Kidzone at USF too! Still keeping my fingers crossed even though people are saying not to expect anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.