King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually... yeah it probably makes more sense to close Disaster on Jan 2 like Jaws. But the building is getting gutted to some degree, but the subway scene isn't getting thrown out, I just think they'll make it a full fledged 3-5 min dark ride with a circular track. New RVs AND new track, with a new story. So it's a brand new Kong ride!!! :D

I wonder if this is considered the "Disaster Refurb" that HTF kept talking about, or if Universal just recently decided to entirely replace it.

I wonder if this is considered the "Disaster Refurb" that HTF kept talking about, or if Universal just recently decided to entirely replace it.

I'm willing to bet Uni actually was going to refurb but then they decided to bring back Kong since he's so popular - the banana teaser for DM was apparently a test for whether people would want to see Kong again. So HTF really was surprised at the sudden change, that's my guess.

Wonder what the exterior will look like...A theater? A museum? Or will Uni take a more classic approach by making it a studio and we're "touring the set" of Skull Island

I would guess a theater for part of it since Mummy already has a museum facade... but I think a mini Empire State Building could be built with a Kong figure on top with Ann in his paw... kinda like Optimus on the TF building :)

BG is on the chopping block as well. Related? I'm not ready to dig that deep yet... :look:

"Kill the spare!"

t8pz.png

:kingkong:

As much as I've enjoyed BG, I've juiced as much as I could get out of it. Everyone seems to agree that it's time for it to go.

I would love to see a facade of a classic theater with big old-time marquees with things like "See Kong! Eighth Wonder of the World!" or something like that from the material. It would be cool with a studios front, but Skip's right. That's been dead for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.