King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could easily see a facade like that. I can't really think of any other way they would go about it. I feel like theming the area to Skull Island wouldn't really make sense, but of course, I could have never predicted Kong coming back in the first place haha.

I'm actually as excited for this as I am for Diagon Alley. When Disney came out with the My Magic+ B.S. we cancelled Disney,& I told my GF that we'll be doing two vacations at Uni per year for the next two years. Looks like I'm going to have to extend that even longer. It'll be a while till I get back to WDW. I really enjoy the laid back leisure of an on site hotel Uni vacation. Getting annual passes this year even though I live in Pa. Kong in 2015 is a great reason to keep going back to Uni. Never got to see the original....Once again, thank you HTF for the insider info.

I will only approve of this if it is served out of a Bluth's original frozen banana stand. (I don't give a damn if it doesn't fit, I just want it to happen. :lol:)

If they can put one in front of Yankee Stadium, why not in Uni? :lol:

Bluth-bananas.jpg

Personally, I like Drew's idea for the facade but would like to see the Jackson version of Kong brought to life within the ride.

If they can put one in front of Yankee Stadium, why not in Uni? :lol:
The roaming tourists can change to make sense too. I want GOB on a segway in the surrounding area. :lol:

As Testtrack321 said on twitter...

Minions -> King Kong -> Bluth Banana Stand

It's the perfect progression
And there's always money in the banana stand. Universal likes money.

Last edited:
I wonder what the narrative of the ride is going to be? I can envision these possibilities.
1) King Kong rampaging through a city (Is this perhaps too similar to the original ride?)
2)King Kong fighting off dinosaurs and giant monsters on Skull island (like the 360 ride, except with animatronics and sets)
3) King Kong chained up in a theater. He breaks free. We have to 'guide' him through the city towards the harbour and towards safety.
4) A straightforward retelling of the recent remake with scenes inspired by the movie.

One of the reasons I love this forum is for the Arrested Development references. Keep it up guys. Maybe Universal realizes that there's always money in banana breath.

That was my view on the situation as well.

But then San Francisco would have no attraction? It seems pointless to theme the front part to New York, then leave a zero attraction mid-section untouched, while taking Amity and turning it into London. I think all of San Francisco turns into the Big Apple - since there's not much you can do with a San Francisco theme except earthquakes.

I would love King Kong and Broadway to take over San Francisco if you ask me! After all of the craziness, maybe replace Twister (definitely not a main priority since the building is so small), and give ROTM a major upgrade so that all of the studio/movie set theming is GONE :thumbs:

I'm just excited that when I go to visit Summer 2015, the whole place will look completely different! And KidZone will be under construction by then... only Hollywood, Production Central, and the front end (Twister, Mummy, Central Park, Blues Brothers) of NY will look the same. The entire back half will be changed - this is the Universal Decade if you ask me :doggie:

Oh, and going along with the park-exclusive food items, I suspect we'll get some sort of custom banana product made just for Kong!! lol no Bluth's!

Everyone keeps referring to this as an E-ticket, but I'm honestly expecting it to be more of a D. I'll happily eat those words if I'm wrong though.

If it was Disney... then yes a D-ticket all the way.

But HTF wouldn't have gotten excited if it was just a solid D.

Plus it's Kong :kingkong: so I'm going with the idea that it's an E! at least if Hogwarts Express is supposed to be an E

Everyone keeps referring to this as an E-ticket, but I'm honestly expecting it to be more of a D. I'll happily eat those words if I'm wrong though.

Me too, at first, but then I remembered that almost everything Universal is doing now brings something new and exciting to the mix. Even Transformers, which was originally seen as a spider man clone, and does repeat many of the same story beats, has a charm to it that makes it a different ride.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that this will be an e-ticket.

There is nothing wrong with a D-ticket. Jungle Cruise was listed as an original D and I think that attraction is a lot of fun. D-tickets bring in guest too. I'm just saying I always considered Disaster a high end C and solid D at opening. I definitely think it'll be a high end D.

Status
Not open for further replies.