Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

King Kong Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God though I'm so excited. So is this a webcast or just a typical announcement including concept? I hope kong carries mark Woodbury to the stage for further information

382.gif

Will we also get more info about the new hotels and the 25th anniversary this year and the construction on the villa in the Studios and what will replace Shrek, Twister, Disaster, Kids Zone and the new dining option at City Walk? Fingers crossed.

Will we also get more info about the new hotels and the 25th anniversary this year and the construction on the villa in the Studios and what will replace Shrek, Twister, Disaster, Kids Zone and the new dining option at City Walk? Fingers crossed.

Maybe the restaurant, but the rest probably won't happen for a bit. Fallon and Furious are probably still deep in blue sky.

I think it would be fun for someone to post a compilation of all the rumored elements of this attraction that have accumlated on this thread before the official announcemnt. I know that for me once a long awaited attraction opens or is fully uncovered I tend to forget what we thought it was going to be versus what it ends up being. Just a thought.

From the media site!

ORLANDO, Fla.
(May 6, 2015) – King Kong will rule at Universal Orlando Resort next year in the groundbreaking attraction, "Skull Island: Reign of Kong."

The new attraction will open in the summer of 2016 at Universal’s Islands of Adventure – and will be an intense, all-new adventure brought to life in a dramatically themed environment. Skull Island: Reign of Kong will pull guests into a powerfully told story where they become part of the next generation of the Kong legend.

It begins as guests are transported deep into a wild and mysterious world, where their mission is to discover creatures of unknown origin – but where they are soon fighting for their own survival. Their journey will take them through an ancient temple inhabited by hostile natives, a perilous jungle ruled by prehistoric creatures, a foreboding underworld of caves concealing unspeakable terrors – and face-to-face with the colossal Kong himself.

Universal Creative is working closely with Peter Jackson, famed director of 2005’s blockbuster movie, “King Kong,” to immerse guests in this incredible adventure.

"King Kong is a Hollywood movie legend and a huge part of both our history and our future," said Mike West, Executive Producer, Universal Creative. "He gives us the opportunity to tap into everything that makes our film history so special and everything that makes our theme park attractions so spectacular. We can’t wait to bring him to life in such an epic way."

Known as "the eighth wonder of the world," Kong has been called "the experience for which movies were invented." Since first appearing on screen in 1933, "King Kong" has been re-made twice - each time on a tremendous scale – earning seven Oscar and three Golden Globe nominations.

And now – in even grander and more realistic form – the Kong story continues to grow. "Skull Island: Reign of Kong" will open in the summer of 2016. More details about the mega-attraction will be released over time. Visitwww.universalorlando.com/ReignofKong for more information.

About Universal Orlando Resort
Vacation like you mean it at Universal Orlando Resort – where every heart pounding, jaw-dropping, goose-bumping second counts. It is the only place where you can turn spending time with your family into spending time as a family. Together, you can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, become a Minion in the hilarious and heartwarming Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride, and join Optimus Prime in the fight to save mankind on TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. And now, you can step into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.

Universal Orlando Resort is home to two incredible theme parks: Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure; four magnificently themed on-site hotels: Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort and the newest addition, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort; and Universal CityWalk, the one place that is the intersection of dining and entertainment for every member of the family. And located just minutes from Universal Orlando Resort is Wet n’ Wild, Orlando’s premier waterpark.

Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBCUniversal, a Comcast company. Follow Universal Orlando Resort on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

[video=youtube;xCUgjqlcO44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCUgjqlcO44[/video]

https://www.universalorlando.com/email-signup/skull-island-reign-of-kong.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.