King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not a fight. Frogki likes the new screen based way Universal is going I prefer the more studio feel and seeing the real effects of old. It’s just a difference of opinion and I fully respect his. On this note it is starting to feel that if you don’t agree with some thing or direction Universal is going then you get flamed for offering this opinion no matter how succinctly you put it. Don’t get me wrong I love Uni and both parks are in my top 10 parks but please don’t confuse offering a point of view to starting a fight.

Let me apologize for coming off in a way that seemed like that.
My problem isn't with disagreeing with the direction Universal is going. I understand being uncomfortable with all of the screens and not as many sets.
However, I feel like every other post I'm reading is a complaint about how Universal is just screens. It's not, it never has been, and it (hopefully) never will be. I guess the problem I have reading those posts is the complaints about A. Something we haven't even seen yet, and B. Something that creates a great ride experience, but lacks an element that some people think is necessary.
I love that we all have different opinions here on OU, that's what makes it great. And I do understand where some people are coming from - I hope that Uni starts doing some more set based attractions too. But having seen what they can do, I feel like how they do it doesn't matter nearly as much as how enjoyable it is for everyone. I once again apologize for creating the feeling that you were getting flamed, it certainly wasn't my intent. :wave:

LittleHizzy,
Rumor/folklore has it that the Kong Coaster (ready to be site assembled) is sitting in the dessert in crates. What a shame. Couldn't this be repurposed somehow to Orlando?

Let me apologize for coming off in a way that seemed like that.
My problem isn't with disagreeing with the direction Universal is going. I understand being uncomfortable with all of the screens and not as many sets.
However, I feel like every other post I'm reading is a complaint about how Universal is just screens. It's not, it never has been, and it (hopefully) never will be. I guess the problem I have reading those posts is the complaints about A. Something we haven't even seen yet, and B. Something that creates a great ride experience, but lacks an element that some people think is necessary.
I love that we all have different opinions here on OU, that's what makes it great. And I do understand where some people are coming from - I hope that Uni starts doing some more set based attractions too. But having seen what they can do, I feel like how they do it doesn't matter nearly as much as how enjoyable it is for everyone. I once again apologize for creating the feeling that you were getting flamed, it certainly wasn't my intent. :wave:

To be honest the been flamed bit was not aimed at you was more of a generalisation about some of the bias aspects of OU but I love this forum as it keeps me in touch with my second home :thumbs:

I wonder if there is a correlation between wanting non-screen attractions and wanting practical effects in films.

Screens can be good for the limits of AAs, sets, etc but at the same time it feels limited and not as immersive most of the time. Real things feel better and more impressive most of the time. Maybe that's why Spiderman and Forbidden Journey are so impressive with the right blend of both. Wouldn't mind having that for Kong too.

Is it safe to say that Universal has known about the Kong return for years? The reason I ask this, is they never removed the Kong section of the parking garage, even years after Kongfrontation left the park. I mean, why the hell have Kong parking signs if there's no Kong attraction anymore? Even in 2010 I thought it'd be a no brainer that they would replace the Kong parking signage with Harry Potter. It made perfect sense. But it never happened.

I don't think the stuff in the parking garage really indicates anything, as they probably just left it there as a homage.

But I have heard that they have tried making a new attraction for Kong several times in the past.

Jaws garage is still there too, I know the ride was just recently shut down but I think they've left the parking garages like that to pay homage like Cupcakes said.

It costs them nothing to do nothing with the parking garages and it generates a small amount of fan good will by leaving the old names there as "homages." I don't think it's anything more than that, though I appreciate their presence.

I feel like some of these posts are really confident about the attraction. Do we really know for sure what exactly is coming and what is being done with the space other than the concept of Kong being involved?

Whatever this attraction ends up being like, it must be an E-Ticket. It would absolutely be insulting for it not to be, especially considering that the original version was the ultimate E-Ticket.

Just speculating, but I'd guess we'll see it close at the beginning of next year (January 2nd or so) to help them get through the crazy-busy upcoming holiday season. If they built Transformers in less than a year, they could put up Kong in 18 months easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.