King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permit for site preparation and related work was filed today for "Project 340"

Great work, you guys! This is very exciting! :cheers:

@Parkscope: UOR Permit Update: Project 340 Site Preparations http://t.co/SCzKvaq0CJ

Just like the Parkscope guys mentioned HTF in their piece, I also wanna give HTF and his sources a big thanks once again for sharing their insight with us and keeping OU the top site for Orlando and Universal insider info and rumors! Kudos! :cheers:

This has been such a fantastic day. Hearing that Comcast is considering increasing their budget, Cabana Lazy pool and gym, Coldstone and starbucks... and Diagon looking incredible and the news about Kong (Possibly JP in this permit as well?)... Its just incredible.

What else will we uncover in 2014?

I think part of me is looking more forward to king Kong than potter London

definitely. Kong > anything. Youngsters don't know, but you can thank Kong for the growth of Universal Parks. There will never be a queue or ride like the original.

Really hope we see some AA Kong and the photo op in the end!

kongfrontation02s.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Where was this talked about? I wasn't able to find anything.

Not 100%, but the CFO said that parks have been UNDERCAPITALIZED in the recent years....

Recent Years?? They have been dumping money in there, so If that is undercapitalized, I believe we will see a budget increase in 2015.

http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/comcast-cfo-describes-universal-theme-parks-as-under-capitalized

I totally am. I'm not a huge Potter fan personally. I'm gonna look forward to Diagon and Gringotts, but Kong will be a way bigger deal to me personally.

Same. And if they are able to add another marvel ride somehow with the avengers, Guardians and thanos... that would be pretty wicked

But, not gonna happen :,(

Same. And if they are able to add another marvel ride somehow with the avengers, Guardians and thanos... that would be pretty wicked

But, not gonna happen :,(

I wish they would expand on Marvel a bit, I'm a huge fan of everything Marvel. I'm not sure Disney can stop them from building a new ride (unless they included the likeliness of movie actors like Downey or Hemsworth), but it doesn't seem Universal is that concerned with adding something there. The rides there are already some of the most popular they've ever built, I'm guessing even if they can build upon it they are more worried about fixing weak spots instead of making their already successful areas even better. But someone with more info about this could probably know more.

I'm VERY excited for the Potter expansion, but being a huge Jurassic Park fan and a big Kongfrontation fan, I'm more psyched for what's to come in the next few years. Kong needs to be at USO...He was the reason the park made it in the first place.

I'm VERY excited for the Potter expansion, but being a huge Jurassic Park fan and a big Kongfrontation fan, I'm more psyched for what's to come in the next few years. Kong needs to be at USO...He was the reason the park made it in the first place.
IOA is also there because of Kong. Kong was the reason that the entire FL Universal property even exists. And the jungle setting of Skull Island fits in better with the look and feel of IOA than the many cityscapes of USF.

IOA is also there because of Kong. Kong was the reason that the entire FL Universal property even exists. And the jungle setting of Skull Island fits in better with the look and feel of IOA than the many cityscapes of USF.

Lol I'm ok with it in IOA...when I said he belongs in USO I meant Universal Studios Orlando...the resort, not Universal Studios Florida...the park.

I agree the Jungle setting will make for quite an awesome backdrop.

Lol I'm ok with it in IOA...when I said he belongs in USO I meant Universal Studios Orlando...the resort, not Universal Studios Florida...the park.

I agree the Jungle setting will make for quite an awesome backdrop.

UOR (Universal Orlando Resort). :cheers:

I'd also like to thank Bob Gurr....the legendary Disney Imagineer who, after designing incredible things like the Monorail, went on to help Universal build the first Kong in Hollywood and subsequently added to USF

I can't wait for the first commercials to go up for King Kong:

Hogwarts Express driving trough the English countryside at night with a dark shape on top of it. Voice over: "Guess who also took the train to Islands of Adventure?"
Interior train, Ron and Hermione with their 6 kids.
Hermione: "What an awful smell! Ron, is that you again?"
Ron: : "Nope, not this time, let me check the baby" (Ron smells diaper).
Exterior shot of the train wagon. On top of it still the huge dark shape. A motorbike with Hagrid on it flies by.
Hagrid: "What is that...?"
The lights of the bike shine in the face of King Kong who snarls and try to grab the bike.
Voice over: "King Kong, opening this spring in Islands of Adventure!"

Let me just say this that I'm hoping that the new kong attraction won't be all in 3D and you'll have to wear glasses throughout the whole ride! I'm hoping they don't combine the jurassic park dinosaurs fighting king kong during the ride if guests do happen to experience it like that...I hope they won't mix JP with Kong...the new kong attraction is being put into The jurassic park section in IOA anyway. But I'm also hearing they're trying to create Skull Island as well!!! I hope Kong will have his own separate area at IOA. I guess we'll wait and find out! The New King Kong attraction according to screamscape.com is being built behind the thunder falls terrace restaurant in the JP section of IOA. Personally I wanted to see Kong make a return back to Universal Studios a Florida where originally Kongfrontation was located. It made me so sad to see him go at USF! 2003 I believe was his final year! :-( So sad! But I'm glad he's back! I would love to see Kong brought back as a Animatronic and not just see Kong on a tv screen while us the guests will be looking at the King with our 3D glasses! Again like someone said if it's like the hollywood version ya that would be a pretty darn short and lame ride! Dinosaurs were in the 2005 film version of Kong too so idk what they're gonna do. I wish they could build New York City again like kongfrontation! Oh what great memories!!!! Seeing the king himself climb the Empire State Building would be absolutely fantastic to see be created if universal has the technology to do that. Please I hope universal orlando won't screw this up, I hope we will all be in awe of this new King Kong version attraction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.