King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@DieHardOrlandoFan751
Please put some effort in it and scan the past 20+ pages of this thread and check for anything HateToFly (HTF) had to say. He is in the know and had a lot of information and details to share about this new (en definitely awesome) expansion.

@DieHardOrlandoFan751
Please put some effort in it and scan the past 20+ pages of this thread and check for anything HateToFly (HTF) had to say. He is in the know and had a lot of information and details to share about this new (en definitely awesome) expansion.

Yeah, Screamscape gets their info from HTF and this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me just say this that I'm hoping that the new kong attraction won't be all in 3D and you'll have to wear glasses throughout the whole ride! I'm hoping they don't combine the jurassic park dinosaurs fighting king kong during the ride if guests do happen to experience it like that...I hope they won't mix JP with Kong...the new kong attraction is being put into The jurassic park section in IOA anyway. But I'm also hearing they're trying to create Skull Island as well!!! I hope Kong will have his own separate area at IOA. I guess we'll wait and find out! The New King Kong attraction according to screamscape.com is being built behind the thunder falls terrace restaurant in the JP section of IOA. Personally I wanted to see Kong make a return back to Universal Studios a Florida where originally Kongfrontation was located. It made me so sad to see him go at USF! 2003 I believe was his final year! :-( So sad! But I'm glad he's back! I would love to see Kong brought back as a Animatronic and not just see Kong on a tv screen while us the guests will be looking at the King with our 3D glasses! Again like someone said if it's like the hollywood version ya that would be a pretty darn short and lame ride! Dinosaurs were in the 2005 film version of Kong too so idk what they're gonna do. I wish they could build New York City again like kongfrontation! Oh what great memories!!!! Seeing the king himself climb the Empire State Building would be absolutely fantastic to see be created if universal has the technology to do that. Please I hope universal orlando won't screw this up, I hope we will all be in awe of this new King Kong version attraction.

Any info you want on Universal/Kong stick to this site/forum. This is where it's at.

Ok I understand but I would be a little upset if they don't at least put in one King Kong animatronic but maybe one that actually walks? I don't know if universal has the capability of doing such a thing but it would be awesome! I just think it would be kind of corny putting the jurassic park dinosaurs into King Kong attraction or putting in the dinosaurs from the 2005 film like I said. I think kong should have his own seperate section of the park rather having a kong attraction put in jurassic park section, doesn't make much sense to me if they did that, just my 2 cents.

Ok I understand but I would be a little upset if they don't at least put in one King Kong animatronic but maybe one that actually walks? I don't know if universal has the capability of doing such a thing but it would be awesome! I just think it would be kind of corny putting the jurassic park dinosaurs into King Kong attraction or putting in the dinosaurs from the 2005 film like I said. I think kong should have his own seperate section of the park rather having a kong attraction put in jurassic park section, doesn't make much sense to me if they did that, just my 2 cents.

Walks?! No not happening. Thats hard to ask for in any AA

They are basically making a new island for him.

Seriously, everyone please understand that this would be Island #8

Walking? No it's going to kick the ride vehicle and then t-bag you. After that he twerks before he leaves. :lol:
Seriously if they could do an as a good job as they did with the original I'll be impressed. AA's are insanely difficult, even Disney has trouble with them when they get bigger and more complex.
As for it location it fits just great. Both movie have a jungle setting where prehistoric animals roam. Maybe Spielberg even puts a King Kong attraction in it's Jurassic World movie. Anyway I'm excited to see this old friend coming back.

Walking? No it's going to kick the ride vehicle and then t-bag you. After that he twerks before he leaves. :lol:
Seriously if they could do an as a good job as they did with the original I'll be impressed. AA's are insanely difficult, even Disney has trouble with them when they get bigger and more complex.
As for it location it fits just great. Both movie have a jungle setting where prehistoric animals roam. Maybe Spielberg even puts a King Kong attraction in it's Jurassic World movie. Anyway I'm excited to see this old friend coming back.

You don't think they'd be able to do a slightly obscured chase the ride vehicle thing with a Kong AA, kinda like they have in Dinosaur? I'd consider that walking-ish haha

Never seen that one. I only remember a strobe light on a dino that eats another dino and the flying one. The rest was dark, bumpy and because of that extremely painful so after 2 times I never went on it again.
But who knows. There was a scene for the proposed Jurassic park jeep ride where a dino hunts the jeep but the fact that the dino was going to run after the car would make that no one in the jeep could actually see it.

You don't think they'd be able to do a slightly obscured chase the ride vehicle thing with a Kong AA, kinda like they have in Dinosaur? I'd consider that walking-ish haha

Right, there's walking and "walking". I have seen the T-rex "Walking" in Dinosaur and it's the best part of the attraction that I hate so much

Right, there's walking and "walking". I have seen the T-rex "Walking" in Dinosaur and it's the best part of the attraction that I hate so much

^LOVE IT!:rofl:^

I like Disney and all (and Animal Kingdom is probably my favorite park) but Dinosaur is probably one of their worst rides ever. I'd love to see them refurb that one and ditch those unnecessarily rough ride vehicles. Its kind of sad when a simple wild mouse coaster (Primevil Whirl) is the most impressive ride in that part of the park. Especially when you consider the other major ride there is a big, expensive, AA rich dark ride.

Its kind of sad when a simple wild mouse coaster (Primevil Whirl) is the most impressive ride in that part of the park. Especially when you consider the other major ride there is a big, expensive, AA rich dark ride.

I've been once on Primevil Whirl. After I went in they told a huge fat guy to sit next to me. He smelled worst then he looked and I was squashed like a fly on a windscreen during the ride. After the ride they had to peel me from the seat. The ride has no happy memories for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the fat guy but the stupid ride operator. The park was almost empty!

On topic: It looks Universal is doing a "Jaws" to us again. copying a short experience from the Hollywood tram ride and expand it into an amazing full ride.

I like Disney and all (and Animal Kingdom is probably my favorite park) but Dinosaur is probably one of their worst rides ever..
Dinosaur is a fantastic attraction.

At least on paper.

The cost cutting during final design and construction coupled with some of the worst upkeep anywhere drags it down.

It has so much potential. Like the Imagination pavilion (and most of Epcot) it could be so much better for not a lot of money.

At least on paper.

The cost cutting during final design and construction coupled with some of the worst upkeep anywhere drags it down.

It has so much potential. Like the Imagination pavilion (and most of Epcot) it could be so much better for not a lot of money.

Agreed.

It's a shame how much Disney nickels and dimes everything. Riding Dino's Indy counterpart just makes me want to cry. We get a dark ride with some impressive Dinos but the majority of the ride is darkness. This could have been so much more.

Let's talk about what monsters should be put in the new kong attraction, the giant insects from the 05' film? The giant snake from the 76' film? Bats from the 05' film? If they do happen to separate skull island from the jurassic park area would you like to see Resturaunts, shops added to the themed King Kong land if they were to do that? What would you want the sign entrance to look like walking into skull island? Should they also add some tribal people to the kong attraction from both the 1976 film and the 2005 film?

Let's talk about what monsters should be put in the new kong attraction, the giant insects from the 05' film? The giant snake from the 76' film? Bats from the 05' film? If they do happen to separate skull island from the jurassic park area would you like to see Resturaunts, shops added to the themed King Kong land if they were to do that? What would you want the sign entrance to look like walking into skull island? Should they also add some tribal people to the kong attraction from both the 1976 film and the 2005 film?

Giant insects and bats are confirmed (keep in mind the end result could differ). It's not going to be an island but a ride on itself so don't expect to much of that. The plot of land is added to the park so Universal is going to have to do wonders with the ride on a post stamp size plot.

At least on paper.

I read this whole post before looking to see who wrote it. Not that I needed to.
This one has "Martin Smith" written all over it. :)

Man, I didn't know so many disliked Dinosaur, I love it! One of my favorites in WDW and my only real reason to go to AK. I will admit that it is extremely dark, but I have a strange, inexpiable love for rides with 100% dark portions, something about the thrill of being tossed around while you have no idea where you are going.

Giant insects and bats are confirmed (keep in mind the end result could differ). It's not going to be an island but a ride on itself so don't expect to much of that. The plot of land is added to the park so Universal is going to have to do wonders with the ride on a post stamp size plot.

Well it won't make much sense if the King Kong attraction will be indeed located in jurassic park themed island, that's the worst thing they could do IMO, and make the whole ride in 3D wearing glasses. We may not even see a whole themed kong land...it just might be giant 3D screens outside while guests are riding the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.