Knott's Berry Farm | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm all for another family coaster in this area, but shouldn't they worry about getting Montezuma finished first...?
Same, though I noticed on screamscape they mentioned this on their recent reports of the Camp Snoopy news...

"However… and this is a big one… the ongoing delays and issues with the Montezooma’s Revenge upgrade project are not over, and could have some kind of impact on the park’s plans for 2024, but for now it looks like the Camp Snoopy project is moving right along, and we can expect an announcement about it sometime in August 2023."

^ That was mentioned on 7/15, after their 4th of July report that things were supposedly back on track for the Montezooma project.

Also, I just noticed that while KumbaK are in charge of the new trains, they're not the ones doing the new track and supports, that's being done by Mauer AG...and one of the first issues mentioned a while back was issues with the track fabrication. Once again, this is one of the risks going for the lowest bidder. You're gonna' end up with the companies who haven't done this sort of project before, and clearly arn't suited for it.

Reactions: Nico
$20 extra dollars for a parking lot that is maybe 15 steps closer is the most insane thing I've heard, but is so on-brand for Knotts.

Also makes sense to keep Soak City open, summers are going later now. Honestly, if they kept it open half way into October, I wouldn't blame them.
The biggest heat waves are normally in september/october

Reactions: Jake S and Freak
My 4 year old loves all the Camp Snoopy rides, the Log Ride, Mine Ride, and Beary Tales.

That being said, she spends a ridiculous amount of time climbing around that one log tunnel thing and those little mushrooms right by the Camp Bus/Timberline Twister/family restrooms. If they are getting rid of those two rides, I would love to see a playground go where they were as footprint wise, it would fit; especially if they absorb the bathrooms.

If they have a grander plan, great, but I recall the old Beary Tales funhouse being somewhere around that area of Knott’s, and wouldn’t mind there being a legitimate playground in the park somewhere.
The playhouse was roughly in front of the Camp Bus. I think there is a meet and greet gazebo in that area now. It was the Old Mill Playhouse until Bear-y Tales closed when it was changed and themed around them, and then lived out it's final years as the Peanuts Playhouse before it removed completely.

Reactions: Rideguy70
that's a much needed refurb. the scary farm food media event was in spurs last year and it was absolutely sweltering in the common areas outside the dining room.

Reactions: Clive and Rideguy70
Heading to Knotts Friday and was wondering if anyone had any tips/things to look out for regarding first time visits to the new Fiesta Village and Ghost Town Alive? Also, if there's any scary farm content I could potentially peak at? Thanks yall!

I’m convinced this is what is coming to Camp Snoopy, an RMC family coaster!! Look at the emphasis on “not” in their post… play on words for Knotts!! Convince me otherwise
The capitalized O seems to be their thing, judging by their bio and website link. Personally, I think it's a little more likely we get something similar to what King's Island is getting. Either way, Camp Snoopy wins!

Last edited:
The capitalized O seems to be their thing, judging by their bio and website link. Personally, I think it's a little more likely we get something similar to what King's Island is getting. Either way, Camp Snoopy wins!
I would take a family RMC over a family boomerang any day of the week, but I don’t know how much space they have, honestly.

If they get rid of the cave/bridge, I would actually miss that as it was a nice little off the beaten path hangout.

I also just want capacity in Camp Snoopy and I think a boomerang will not supply that at all.

I’m convinced this is what is coming to Camp Snoopy, an RMC family coaster!! Look at the emphasis on “not” in their post… play on words for Knotts!! Convince me otherwise

Based on the clues, I would almost guess that this is some type of floorless wood coaster. I looked at RMC's Facebook page the picture makes it look that way. A floorless family coaster? Seems impossible. It is probably just a family style coaster and hopefully headed for Knotts.

Went to the park today to get some rides in since I had another day off and haven't gone in a hot minute. I was hoping to get some low-wait rides on Ghostrider, but lo and behold, it was closed. Lots of stuff was closed today and here's the list of attractions closed:

-Ghostrider
-Sol Spin
-Xcellerator
-Montezooma
-La Revolution

Apparently I saw on a FB group that Sol Spin and Revolution had essential maintenance to be done, which is fair, but Ghostrider hurt the most. Three of their five "big coasters" are all down, which is not good. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I hope and pray that they are prioritizing Monty after Xcellerator. It better be open next year.

On the flip side, I discovered a really good breakfast burrito place down the street from Knott's called Athenian Burgers. If you want to grab a burrito there before spending your day or afternoon at the park I strongly recommend!